ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I found the “True Fan” of the Chiefs!
Mephistopheles Janx 04:15 PM 07-15-2024
This made me chuckle because of how CP’ers, and Chiefs fans in general, went at one another during the Mark Castle era accusing one another of not being “true fans”.

This man leaves no doubt as to his allegiances and even got the government involved with his proclamation of fanhood.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:00 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The True Fan era has continued, it's just switched sides.

The same Save Our Chiefs population that makes up a majority of this board became True Fans once we drafted Mahomes, and now get to namecall the rest of us for not being abject homers every step of the way.

It's Animal Farm all over again, the pigs who led the charge against the True Fans eventually became True Fans themselves.
Do you just get a hard on by being a contrarian?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:33 PM 07-15-2024
True Fans were the morons who blindly supported the Chiefs' tactical blunders in roster construction because they believed the Marty years were something to aspire to instead of a cautionary tale.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:39 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The True Fan era has continued, it's just switched sides.

The same Save Our Chiefs population that makes up a majority of this board became True Fans once we drafted Mahomes, and now get to namecall the rest of us for not being abject homers every step of the way.

It's Animal Farm all over again, the pigs who led the charge against the True Fans eventually became True Fans themselves.
Except this time the true fans are fucking right.
[Reply]
Bump 08:42 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
True Fans were the morons who blindly supported the Chiefs' tactical blunders in roster construction because they believed the Marty years were something to aspire to instead of a cautionary tale.

I remember being 17 years old and was arguing with my friends "Elvis is a great QB"

:-)

it's true
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:10 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
This is such a bitch take. Fuck that. True Fans cut their teeth on that limited success, and that’s made everything infinitely sweeter now. This is a period to be celebrated in hindsight rather than one to be ashamed of.

My first playoff game was Denver in 1998. I was in high school and walked out of the stadium with grown men frozen in their seats crying. I felt sad for those people. It took 2 decades from that point to walk out of Arrowhead a winner after a playoff game. And it was spectacular.

I’ll never judge whatever anyone calls a “True Fan” pre-Mahomes. We all have our stories and personal trauma.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:56 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is such a bitch take. Fuck that. True Fans cut their teeth on that limited success, and that’s made everything infinitely sweeter now. This is a period to be celebrated in hindsight rather than one to be ashamed of.

My first playoff game was Denver in 1998. I was in high school and walked out of the stadium with grown men frozen in their seats crying. I felt sad for those people. It took 2 decades from that point to walk out of Arrowhead a winner after a playoff game. And it was spectacular.

I’ll never judge whatever anyone calls a “True Fan” pre-Mahomes. We all have our stories and personal trauma.
Exactly.

And after the disaster that was the Casshole/Pioli/Haley era I was happy to pay to have a banner flown over the stadium. Matt was a good guy but the other two were douches that deserved to be protested against.

The fans have no input or agency in the running of their team but they sure can have a voice. We're paying for entertainment and if it's a shit product you should say something about it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:20 AM 07-16-2024

via GIPHY

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:32 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

With all due respect, you joined this place 5 months before Mahomes got drafted, sir. You weren't here for the True Fan/Drafturbator civil wars.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:36 AM 07-16-2024
I bet its Grant95Z7
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:51 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Do you just get a hard on by being a contrarian?
No, but he sure gets one being a victim.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:57 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That's not a Camaro
Right?
I'm calling :-) on this because it isn't a Camaro, but my mind could be changed if the driver has a rockin' mullet.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:59 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
I remember being 17 years old and was arguing with my friends "Elvis is a great QB"

:-)

it's true
Wasn't it DaFace that had a picture of Girlback with devils horns as an avatar?
[Reply]
TinyEvel 09:44 AM 07-16-2024

True fan released from hospital
[Reply]
PHOG 10:03 AM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:

True fan released from hospital
That pic always cracks me up. :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:13 AM 07-16-2024
"MATT CASSEL IS SO GOOD! JUST NEEDS MORE WEAPONS!"
-True Fan