ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I found the “True Fan” of the Chiefs!
Mephistopheles Janx 04:15 PM 07-15-2024
This made me chuckle because of how CP’ers, and Chiefs fans in general, went at one another during the Mark Castle era accusing one another of not being “true fans”.

This man leaves no doubt as to his allegiances and even got the government involved with his proclamation of fanhood.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:16 PM 07-15-2024
Lmoa this must be the guy who organized a banner to fly around Arrowhead
[Reply]
New World Order 04:18 PM 07-15-2024
That’s Bob Dole
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:19 PM 07-15-2024
The True Fan era has continued, it's just switched sides.

The same Save Our Chiefs population that makes up a majority of this board became True Fans once we drafted Mahomes, and now get to namecall the rest of us for not being abject homers every step of the way.

It's Animal Farm all over again, the pigs who led the charge against the True Fans eventually became True Fans themselves.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:20 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Lmoa this must be the guy who organized a banner to fly around Arrowhead
I don’t think the guy that did the banners would have that as his tag. That guy was beyond sick of the “true fan” stuff at the time.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:23 PM 07-15-2024
I seriously thought you had run into the guy with the white t-shirt.

Now I’m just disappointed.
[Reply]
Direckshun 04:24 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
I seriously thought you had run into the guy with the white t-shirt.

Now I’m just disappointed.
Not even kidding, I thought the exact same thing.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 04:29 PM 07-15-2024
That's not a Camaro
[Reply]
New World Order 04:34 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That's not a Camaro
Maybe the true fans have gravitated towards GT Mustangs?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:41 PM 07-15-2024
That guy CP's for sure.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:00 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Maybe the true fans have gravitated towards GT Mustangs?
As they should
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:21 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The True Fan era has continued, it's just switched sides.

The same Save Our Chiefs population that makes up a majority of this board became True Fans once we drafted Mahomes, and now get to namecall the rest of us for not being abject homers every step of the way.

It's Animal Farm all over again, the pigs who led the charge against the True Fans eventually became True Fans themselves.
3 SBs in 5 years.

Not 3 playoff appearances. We would have killed for 3 out of 5 years of playoffs in the dark ages. Not 3 AFCW titles. Not 3 years with playoff wins (which were really hard to come by for about 30 years).

Three motherfucking Super Bowls.

Like... if you're going to criticize something... I mean, why?

You don't win 3 out of 5 SBs without doing a LOT of shit the right way. Mistakes will be made, sure, and several posters have criticized or questioned a handful of personnel moves at some point. But when you've got a track record of 3 of 5, it's probably wise to just share your opinion, have the discussion in the thread, and then be done with it until more information comes along regarding whether the move was successful or not.

I guess... maybe call your shots better? You don't have to splooge with Chiefs praise every post, but maybe expressing just a little benefit of the doubt towards the people in charge of the franchise would get you fewer dirty looks?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:23 PM 07-15-2024
A real true fan would have a red car
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:25 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
A real true fan would have a red car
I have a red sports car (not a Camaro but at least it is still a GM product) and a red pick'um up truck. I also have a red car that I am gonna be selling soon.

I qualify!
[Reply]
Bump 05:45 PM 07-15-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
3 SBs in 5 years.

Not 3 playoff appearances. We would have killed for 3 out of 5 years of playoffs in the dark ages. Not 3 AFCW titles. Not 3 years with playoff wins (which were really hard to come by for about 30 years).

Three mother****ing Super Bowls.

Like... if you're going to criticize something... I mean, why?

You don't win 3 out of 5 SBs without doing a LOT of shit the right way. Mistakes will be made, sure, and several posters have criticized or questioned a handful of personnel moves at some point. But when you've got a track record of 3 of 5, it's probably wise to just share your opinion, have the discussion in the thread, and then be done with it until more information comes along regarding whether the move was successful or not.

I guess... maybe call your shots better? You don't have to splooge with Chiefs praise every post, but maybe expressing just a little benefit of the doubt towards the people in charge of the franchise would get you fewer dirty looks?
we were longing for a single playoff win. It had been about 20 years. The 90's and early 2000's had some great teams but never a playoff win and that was tough.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up