ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
notorious 11:29 AM Today
I don't hang on every game anymore.

Even the Chiefs. As much success as they've had the last 5 years it's really hard to get excited about the regular season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:31 AM Today
Shhh! Not so loud! The league will hear you and make another stupid rule change to add “excitement”
[Reply]
JimNasium 11:31 AM Today
To the average fan, perhaps. I’ve always preferred more balance between the offense and defense, so I’m entertained.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by notorious:
I don't hang on every game anymore.

Even the Chiefs. As much success as they've had the last 5 years it's really hard to get excited about the regular season.
I find the media coverage of the regular season to be very annoying. They act like every game is the Super Bowl (especially SNF & MNF), when it's definitely not the case. These games are basically pre-season bullshit for the Playoffs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by JimNasium:
To the average fan, perhaps. I’ve always preferred more balance between the offense and defense, so I’m entertained.
I actually don't mind defense, I enjoyed the NFL say in 2005.

The issue is what is happening now isn't even great defense it's literally "lets sit back and hope they poop their pants" and the entire league is playing that way now.

Like I'm watching all these games and the quality of play isn't good and there's literally no big plays, you're lucky if you get 1 a game.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:34 AM Today
Yes it is undoubtedly. The product is worse and people will start to tune out unless it’s the highlight games.

This is exactly why people don’t like soccer. It’s boring and not enough scoring
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:36 AM Today
It's been a pretty shit product for years, but mentioned in the GDT last night it really seems like late game officiating has been significantly worse the past few years, which really sucks the life out of games... I get to a point where I'm waiting for a flag after every fucking play.

Oh, no flag..... no late flag? No review? Are you sure about no flag?

Ah, we won. Cool.

Yet, as bad as all the flags have been with completely phantom calls, they still miss the most blatantly obvious shit sometimes, too.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:36 AM Today
The Chiefs foresaw this, and added their own excitement via pulling it out in the last couple of minutes.

It's not like a boring kicking another teams ass 40-0.

What else you want? Wicker?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:36 AM Today
I think all this is good for the Chiefs.

With offense being down, more and more games come down to which team can pull a rabbit out of their hat and find a way to win on a key play or two.

Who in the League would you trust more than Reid, Spags. and Mahomes?
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes it is undoubtedly. The product is worse and people will start to tune out unless it’s the highlight games.

This is exactly why people don’t like soccer. It’s boring and not enough scoring
(most popular sport in the world and it is not close)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:37 AM Today
No, it's better IMO. The NBA needs to put defense back in as well and maybe I'll watch the shit.

Although the 2 high shit is old since it eliminates a lot of big plays downfield.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:38 AM Today
Remember when that Chiefs/Rams 54-51 game was supposed to usher in a new era of explosive offensive football… not so much.
[Reply]
|Zach| 11:38 AM Today
We have been watching a ton of football these long seasons and long off seasons really start to string together.

I think there has been a little dip in enjoyment but it is not a big deal IMO. I love defense as well. This shift has been interesting.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
The Chiefs foresaw this, and added their own excitement via pulling it out in the last couple of minutes.

It's not like a boring kicking another teams ass 40-0.

What else you want? Wicker?
It's boring when you turn on redzone or you're flipping between games and there are 8 games going at the same time and if you see a play go for more than 15 yards it's a god damn miracle.

I would also love to see defenders make great plays, look at the lockdown CB or dudes making it happen but you don't see that much either.

I call this the wait and pray era, that's all defense is "If we wait long enough they'll fuck up"
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up