ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024/2025 KC Royals Offseason Thread***
GabyKeepsMeWarm 03:35 AM Today
Royals went from 56-106 to 86-76.

Made the playoffs. Took out the Orioles on the road.

Lost in four games to the Yankees by 4 runs.

Finally got a bullpen.

Had two pitchers who will finish in the top five for the Cy Young.

Bobby Witt jr turned into a superstar likely being an MVP #2 to that phag in NY.

Salvy just kept doing Salvy stuff.

Vinnie came back from shoulder surgery and had a helluva year.

Cole Ragans had a full season. His arm didn’t fall off. He’s probably top five for Cy Young.

Seth Lugo is gonna finish top five for Cy Young. He’s like Rick Reed. And he’s ours for at least another season.

Brady Singer will get his next time with arbitration. And I’m ambivalent, but I know it’s damn hard to find healthy arms who could be be better as a 3/4 starter.

Michael Wacha was more than everything we could’ve ever wanted, but I say let that man fly unless he wants to take a dumb contract, which he won’t do.

That gives us Alec Marsh who was pretty great for his role.

And we have Wright coming in, plus Bubic who could start.

But this team needs another bat and wingman for Bobby. It’s perfect that Juan Soto would fill many roles, but it ain’t happening.

Adames is someone I like. And we can dangle Massey/Garcia. Just a thought.

This team…. I hope they go into the offseason working hard, and I hope they got the glitter out of their eyes.

Good team with obvious weakness, and a perennial superstar ready to erupt….

Sherman and JJ should be on the phone soon
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:48 AM Today
Spend more money
[Reply]
DJay23 04:55 AM Today
I'm pretty excited to see what moves JJ makes to strengthen what was a good team.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 06:31 AM Today
Hopefully Caglianone takes the express path to the big club.
[Reply]
PHOG 07:37 AM Today
A couple of OF bats, preferably one that can leadoff and get on base, and a starter to replace Wacha. Maybe replace Garcia.
[Reply]
kstater 08:12 AM Today
Gonna be a tough off season to predict with the TV deal up in the air.

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by PHOG:
A couple of OF bats, preferably one that can leadoff and get on base, and a starter to replace Wacha. Maybe replace Garcia.
I think Garcia can be sorta an Alcides Escobar for this team.

He’s good defensively and can steal some bases.

I have two issues with him though:

1. I have no idea how he generates any power with that swing. He loses his back foot when he swings and shifts all of his weight to his front foot. That lunging swing can’t make it easy to make solid contact or generate real power when he does.

2. It seems like he tries to be patient at the plate, but lacks much ball/strike recognition. I’d rather see him take the Esky approach where he goes up to the plate hacking. If he’s the 9 hitter, we can live with a lower on base percentage. He just can’t strike out looking. Get the ball in play to set up the top of the order.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:24 AM Today
Wish it was April already. Fun season being cut short by New York, I’ll admit I wasn’t ready for it to end. Hopefully this leads to the next championship.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:36 AM Today
Have to find an Outfield. Running out MJ Melendez and Isbel for 900+ at bats in a season just kills your offense.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:38 AM Today
Don't sleep on Kyle Wright, if he returns to even some version of what he was in Atlanta before his injury he provides a HUGE piece next year.
[Reply]
nychief 09:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Have to find an Outfield. Running out MJ Melendez and Isbel for 900+ at bats in a season just kills your offense.

Yes. But also, Garcia isn't him at third base. He just doesn't hit enough.

If Sherman shocked the world for Bregman, it would change the entire line up.
[Reply]
nychief 09:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I'm not so sure wacha opts out... 16 million is about his market, I would think.
[Reply]
TLO 10:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
I think you can live with Isbel in CF if he provides excellent defense. He would be fine in the #9 spot, IMO.

Melendez... I don't know. He doesn't play great defense in left, and his bat doesn't warrant an everyday spot in the lineup.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM Today
Need a corner OF who can fucking hit.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Need a corner OF who can fucking hit.
We got MJ

Worthless bum ass
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >