ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Macular Pucker in my right eye and it sucks
scho63 10:24 AM 06-30-2024
Earlier this year I had a check up at the ophthalmologist to check on my retinal detachments and the latest with my eyes.

Had a right eye detachment in June 2002 and left eye two tears in May 2004.

I have terrible vision my whole life to add the rest of my ailments.

I was diagnosed with a macular pucker in my right eye. It has suddenly gotten worse to where reading sentences is wavy, distorted to small sections and looks to be moving. The only solution is a vitrectomy, where they cut open your eyeball and remove the scar tissue and floaters to hopefully correct your vision. It's a dangerous and can be very painful operation.

Has anyone here had/have one and what should I expect as time progresses?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:28 AM 06-30-2024
Mother pucker!
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:49 AM 06-30-2024
Sucks. Sorry to hear that. The only thing I can offer is a muscular pucker to help you feel better.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:55 AM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Sucks. Sorry to hear that. The only thing I can offer is a muscular pucker to help you feel better.
You're going to hauk Tueh his thing because he's having eye issues?
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:21 AM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Eureka:
You're going to hauk Tueh his thing because he's having eye issues?
We have to help our fellow CPers out once in awhile.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 11:44 AM 06-30-2024
I haven't had to have the surgery (yet), however my right eye has the macular pucker. One of the many things that we all get to experience as we age. The vitreous fluid in our eyes is like Jello in the refrigerator, it shrinks as we age, and as it shrinks, it pulls away from the optic nerve. Most of the time, it simply pulls away with no problems. However, there are cases where it leaves a film on the optic nerve which continues to dry and shrink. This is what puckers the nerve.

Not sure what a Hauk Tueh is? Is that like clearing your throat and spitting out the phlegm? Knowing this place, I'm not going to google it.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:56 AM 06-30-2024
That sucks. How risky is it? Is it confined to one eye only - when you close the affected eye are you able to read normally with the other? How long is the recovery period and what does it entail?
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
That sucks. How risky is it? Is it confined to one eye only - when you close the affected eye are you able to read normally with the other? How long is the recovery period and what does it entail?
Vitrectomies have some heavier than normal risk. Gotten much better and I won't take the surgery unless I'm put under. Some surgeons do it under local and there is no damn way I am doing that. My brother had two retinal detachments and the second one they did while he was awake and said it was painful as fuck.

Full recovery is 2-3.

If I close my right eye no issues.

My maternal grandmother had a ton of eye issues and so do my brother, sister and I.

It is brutal and scary.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:25 PM 06-30-2024
I've got eye problems...but not on that level yet!

I hope for the best possible outcome for you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:33 PM 06-30-2024
Sucks man. I'm a giant pussy when it comes to my eyes. Over the winter the eye doctor thought I had retinal detachment but it turns out I have Retinoschisis. Just having them shine the brightest imaginable light into the depths of my brain was bad enough.

Good luck bud.
[Reply]
Katie 07:50 PM 06-30-2024
Ouch! Let us know if you need any help. We’ll be glad to get you to appointments, if needed.
[Reply]
scho63 08:23 PM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by Katie:
Ouch! Let us know if you need any help. We’ll be glad to get you to appointments, if needed.
Thank you Katie but things are not that bad. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:49 PM 06-30-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Thank you Katie but things are not that bad. :-)

Hope and prayers it heals
[Reply]
threebag 09:04 PM 06-30-2024
Damn whores…
[Reply]
kozzman555 09:32 PM 06-30-2024
I mean, at least it's not a macular pucker in your brown eye....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up