ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Working With Unstable People
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:13 AM 07-07-2024
Man... these folks are such a pain in the ass.

There's a guy that relieves me from work two days a week, and I relieve him in the middle of those two days. Our interaction is typically no more than five to ten minutes, depending on what rant he gets me stuck in the middle of, to which there is often no real escape.

It gets so goddamn annoying placating this guy, and people like him. These fuckers are exhausting. They don't recognize normal social cues. It's all about them and their petty little grievances with the whole world coming after them. And they never realize what an imposition they are. Hair-trigger emotions, always having to walk on eggshells. Last week, his ride was ten minutes late, this week some truck cut him off, week before, his wife wants to sell the house... On and on and on...

There. That's me imposing this guy's bullshit, and regurgitating it on you, just like this fucking guy.... Hahaha...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:17 AM 07-07-2024
i need way more detail
[Reply]
Bump 01:15 AM 07-07-2024
He obviously feels comfortable venting to you. Try to change that. "ya, I'm here to do a job" and walk away. Be rude, who cares unless he's your boss or something. People you don't care about, shouldn't matter.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:28 AM 07-07-2024
Kill it with fire
[Reply]
Rausch 04:30 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:

There. That's me imposing this guy's bullshit, and regurgitating it on you, just like this fucking guy.... Hahaha...
Those people are their own punishment. They'll never realize why they continue to fail, be pissed off, and have things happen to them. They're convinced they aren't the problem so they'll change nothing and keep getting the same results.

They make everything worse for everyone around them. Of course their day always sucks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:35 AM 07-07-2024
Hootie?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:04 AM 07-07-2024
You better continue to be nice to him so he’ll spare you when he brings a gun in to work.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:06 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You better continue to be nice to him so he’ll spare you when he brings a gun in to work.
It's a joke until it's not...
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:07 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It's a joke until it's not...
I wasn’t joking
[Reply]
Rausch 05:20 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I wasn’t joking
I wasn't either.

I've had 4 people show up to work with guns in the last 10 years. And I worked at a place that had the deadliest work shooting in Mo about 2 years after that went down.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:14 AM 07-07-2024
I wasn't either.

I've had 4 people show up to work with guns in the last 10 years. And I worked at a place that had the deadliest work shooting in Mo about 2 years after that went down.
You work at the post office?
[Reply]
hometeam 06:21 AM 07-07-2024
fuck em
[Reply]
hometeam 06:21 AM 07-07-2024
I wasn't either.

You worked at Modine?
[Reply]
trndobrd 06:22 AM 07-07-2024
I’ve had a couple people like that in my life. Continued to be friendly, but always had a reason to leave. (Back hurts, headache, dog needs let out/in, have to pick up something at store, Dr. appointment to have rash checked out, beat after a long day, etc.)….then leave. If dude doesn’t respect your time, that’s on him.

Curious if you replace him at any point on the schedule.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:50 AM 07-07-2024
Yeah there's a ton of petty stuff at my work too. The worst thing you can do is feed it with any level of your attention. Always be courteous on a general level with anybody but nothing more than the minimum. You're there to do a job and bring home a paycheck.

That's it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up