ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I was apparently WRONG
Pitt Gorilla 09:25 PM 09-17-2024
about the Eagles' last 3 or so draft classes. I thought they were building a powerhouse defense with all of the Georgia defenders falling into their laps (Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith) and other quality defenders like Mitchell, Dejean, and Trotter providing significant value where they were drafted.

Maybe they'll turn it around, but right now they look like they're in trouble.

I was also apparently wrong about the Saints having to, eventually, pay the piper.

:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:28 PM 09-17-2024
It's ok to be wrong. But it's not OK to be wrong on CP.

We certainly hope you've learned your lesson mister.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:33 PM 09-17-2024
I’m still not sold on the saints. Allen’s never done jack shit as a coach before. And as for Georgia defenders it’s a lot like Alabama players the individual parts don’t always work outside the system. But I have more faith in the eagles d getting better than the saints winning 11+
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:33 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
about the Eagles' last 3 or so draft classes. I thought they were building a powerhouse defense with all of the Georgia defenders falling into their laps (Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean, Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith) and other quality defenders like Mitchell, Dejean, and Trotter providing significant value where they were drafted.

I was also apparently wrong about the Saints having to, eventually, pay the piper.

"How does Howie keep getting away with it?!?!?"

/every NFL pundit after the last few drafts

Meanwhile Vorch has been absolutely crushing it. But that's not a fun narrative because all of the Chiefs' success is due to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Bump 02:14 AM Yesterday
It's gotta be the head coach, mr douchenozzle. That team is really stacked on paper.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:01 AM Yesterday
Sorry, I just can't resist any longer.

Why do you act so surprised that you make a thread about YOU being wrong.

The rest of us are used to YOU being wrong. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:03 AM Yesterday
Love it. Fail Eagles Fail...
[Reply]
Rausch 05:08 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bump:
It's gotta be the head coach, mr douchenozzle. That team is really stacked on paper.
The likely cause.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:16 AM Yesterday
Eagle tears are delicious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:39 AM Yesterday
Why did Jalen Carter not see any jail time for basically being responsible for the deaths of 2 people?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:42 AM Yesterday
Everyone slept on the Saints. They still have a lot of good vets and have drafted pretty well. Carr is MVP thus far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:14 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Eagles, meh. DL a defense does not make. See: Spagnuolo, Stephen Christopher.

Saints: They've been cutting steady checks to the piper since 2022. Currently they have 42M Dead money on the books, so they're still cutting said checks, but they've drafted pretty well and made some smart personnel decisions now that Pain Pill Payton is out of there.

That being said, they beat the doors off the worst team in the league and in the discussion for the worst team ever assembled. Then they housed a Cowbitches team that thinks they won the Super Bowl already. Let's not crown their asses. Remember Dennis Allen once coached the Faid and thought Terrell Pryor was the answer. I'm not necessarily sold yet.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:40 AM Yesterday
Top three hardest things to say

1) I was wrong

2) I need help

3) Worcestershire sauce
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:07 AM Yesterday
Someone once described the Eagles scouting process as likely just compiling all the draft analysts' rankings and using that as their guide.

It's pretty damn accurate as it relates to early round picks.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:08 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Someone once described the Eagles scouting process as likely just compiling all the draft analysts' rankings and using that as their guide.

It's pretty damn accurate as it relates to early round picks.
It sure leads to every “expert” proclaiming that the Eagles “won the draft” immediately after the last pick of the 7th round.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up