ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Left Tackle
Katie 11:56 PM Yesterday
How do we feel about left tackle by committee?

Great move, or a complete bust.
[Reply]
threebag 12:13 AM Today
Hoping it’s a great move
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:55 AM Today
No an ideal situation.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:27 AM Today
You play to win the game.

Kingsly was spent. He was worn out and was getting beat. They took him out before his confidence was completely shot and the game was lost. It was the right move.

My guess is he'll play again today and have a much easier task ahead of him.
[Reply]
Bwana 05:34 AM Today
We will see how it plays out, but I would be lying if I didn't admit I'm concerned. Protecting Mahomes blindside is pretty critical. If Mahomes gets hurt and is out for several games, it's likely kiss the season goodbye time.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 05:41 AM Today
Like Madden used to say about QBs “If you have two quarterbacks, you actually have none.” The same is true of left tackles. Hopefully Kingsley can step up.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bwana:
We will see how it plays out, but I would be lying if I didn't admit I'm concerned. Protecting Mahomes blindside is pretty critical. If Mahomes gets hurt and is out for several games, it's likely kiss the season goodbye time.
1) That's definitely not true anymore. We have the best b/u QB we've had in Mahomes career. We also actually have a SB team now and not just a few offensive playmakers that Pat drags to the playoffs every year.

2) Kingsly has more talent than any LT since Fischer was here. There's a balance between learning on the job and protecting Pat but depending on how we handle this it will lead to him being more safe - not less.
[Reply]
nychief 05:48 AM Today
http://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-to-st...mataia-benched
[Reply]
Bwana 06:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by Rausch:
1) That's definitely not true anymore. We have the best b/u QB we've had in Mahomes career. We also actually have a SB team now and not just a few offensive playmakers that Pat drags to the playoffs every year.

2) Kingsly has more talent than any LT since Fischer was here. There's a balance between learning on the job and protecting Pat but depending on how we handle this it will lead to him being more safe - not less.

1) Lets hope we don't have to find out. You're right, Wentz is probably the best backup we have had in years, but there is a reason he is a backup and not a starter in the NFL.

2) I think Kingsly has the potential to be a good (hopefully great) LT in the NFL, but he is still raw and needs a lot of work.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:48 AM Today
Morris was a bust after 4 games last year. Now Kingsly is a bust after 2 games. Seems about right for the CP mindset.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Morris was a bust after 4 games last year. Now Kingsly is a bust after 2 games. Seems about right for the CP mindset.
I think two years from now, both are quality starters at the bookends.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:36 AM Today
Can we teach them how to fall down and get tangled up with the defender so it looks accidental?
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:43 AM Today
Just be patient, guys. Criminy.

He's not going up against an elite pass rusher today (or at least I can't name whoever the hell is at DE for Atlanta) so he should have a better game. And if he does have a better game, that's a significant step. That's exactly what Andy said in his presser after the Cincy game regarding Kingsley needing to take a step back in order to take a step forward.

"But the threepeat!" These are regular season games, folks. The Chiefs have a plan and it involves Kingsley being the long term starting LT because they believe he can be better than Morris. If you bench Kingsley now, you're sticking with the lesser talent on the field for the playoffs, and in case you don't remember, the PLAYOFF games are how you win a SB, not the regular season ones.

You all need to calm the fuck down. If Kingsley is still churning out Cincy games after the half season mark or so, THEN you can start to do your little pee pants worry games.
[Reply]
wazu 07:46 AM Today
Rappaport seems to make it like Kingsley is straight-up benched with Morris starting. Not loving these vibes.

The #Chiefs will have a new starting left tackle tonight against the #Falcons, with Wanya Morris now protecting Patrick Mahomes blindside.

My story: https://t.co/ebSOfpv5cqhttps://t.co/ebSOfpv5cq

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 22, 2024

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Rappaport seems to make it like Kingsley is straight-up benched with Morris starting. Not loving these vibes.

Welp forget what I said.

Fuck, man.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up