ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pick a surprise division winner
Chargem 09:58 AM 05-04-2024
As per the thread title, who do you suspect might surprise by winning a division?

I have my eye on the Steelers as having a good chance to win the AFC North.

They feel like they have a much better roster than the last few years so should put up a winning record, Ravens have a lot of change from last year and have to play a 1st place schedule, who knows on the Bengals following Burrows injury, Browns got worse by having Watson at QB again.

Who is your pick?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 10:52 AM 05-04-2024
Any team OTHER than the Dolts, Donks or Faiders. (Despite the hot takes offered by some idiot off-season prognosticators.) :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:11 AM 05-04-2024
Colts.

Stroud has been crowned too prematurely and Lawrence just doesn't have it. Richardson shows out under Steichen.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:39 AM 05-04-2024
Titans would be a surprise. If Will Levis takes the next step, that team is pretty solid.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 AM 05-04-2024
Bucs. Baker's going to bake.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:54 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll take the Falcons in the South, but they’ll have an early exit in the postseason and wish they had another offensive playmaker or difference maker on defense.

The 8th pick looms large to end their season.
I think the Falcons are the betting favorite in the NFC South, but agree it feels like you are picking an outsider when you pick them.

Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Daniels can be Stroud I’ll go Washington
This is very bold, I think Daniels will be good but the Commanders probably won't compete this year.

Originally Posted by wazu:
I'll go with the Titans. They finished 6-11 last year, so it would qualify as a surprise. They seem to have gone "all-in" this offseason, placing a bet on Will Levis to be a good QB on a rookie deal. They also get a last-place schedule. Texans get a first-place schedule and seem likely to come down to earth a little. Colts are gonna roll with a QB who gets injured about every other play. Jaguars seem like they peaked in 2022 and it wasn't that great.
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Colts.

Stroud has been crowned too prematurely and Lawrence just doesn't have it. Richardson shows out under Steichen.
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Titans would be a surprise. If Will Levis takes the next step, that team is pretty solid.
Lot of votes for the AFC South. The Texans are the betting favorite by a reasonable margin. The odds go Texans > Jaguars > Colts > Titans. I do think the Jags could suck, but the Texans also seemed to go all in around their rookie QB too, I find it hard to believe anyone will unseat them.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:56 AM 05-04-2024
I think the NFC North could also be interesting. I am not sure I want to crown the Lions yet?
[Reply]
scho63 11:59 AM 05-04-2024
Commanders
[Reply]
scho63 12:01 PM 05-04-2024
I can tell you who won't be a surprise division winner:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chargers
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:12 PM 05-04-2024
would the vikings be considered a surprise
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:15 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I can tell you who won't be a surprise division winner:

1. Raiders
2. Broncos
3. Chargers
That has familiar ring to it... :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:15 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Yes. Rookie QB in a tough division. Granted, Chicago will start a rookie QB too
[Reply]
wazu 12:16 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Definitely.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:17 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My answer is whomever wins the NFC South. My god those are 4 shitterrible teams.
That's why I won't be surprised by the winner of that division. I guess I'd be a little surprised if it was Carolina.
[Reply]
wazu 12:17 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Commanders
Looked at them, but I just can't see it. Unless Hurts or Prescott get knocked out with injury, Commanders look like they finish third if things go decently well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:22 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
KC Chiefs will be so good they will win the AFC and NFC West!!!
If we beat all the NFC teams on our schedule we should get a bye during the Super Bowl.

Not sure how that would work but we deserve it!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up