ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Buc-ee's looking at Kansas City, Kansas for first Kansas City-based location
Fish 12:40 AM 05-04-2024
Buc-ee's looking at Kansas City, Kansas for first Kansas City-based location

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Online records indicate that the popular Buc-ee's store is considering western Kansas City, Kansas, for a new location.

Records show that Buc-ee's submitted a "preliminary plat" for officials in Wyandotte County to review.

The proposed location, records show, is at 110th Street and Interstate 70, adjacent to the Kansas Speedway and The Legends Outlets.

The Texas-based operation opened a 53,000-square-foot location in Springfield, Missouri, which includes over 120 fuel pumps.

Buc-ee's locations often include dozens of gas station pumps, several food items, and its well-known 'buck-toothed beaver mascot.'

The Kansas Speedway currently owns the property where the location would be.

It's unknown when county and city officials will take up the plan.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:16 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I taught in KCK as my first job. Not far from Indian Springs mall. KCK was a bit of a hole at that time.

I have not been back there since, but can tell the growth is to the west. Did the rest of the city benefit or has it become the "have nows" and the "never wills."
KCK is still a hole but the western part is nice
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:17 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
People get excited over gas stations?
Do they have Super Chargers?

Asking for a friend.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:19 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Do they have Super Chargers?

Asking for a friend.
Many of them in Texas do yes!
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:10 AM 05-04-2024
Going to Dallas next week for a work conference will hit one on the way in. It has been a decade or so since I have been around a Bucees.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:00 AM 05-04-2024
I work at 7th and Minnesota in downtown KCK. It's pretty nasty, especially just north up in the Quindaro area. Central and State Ave aren't very good either. Only nice area is out by the Legends on the extreme western edge of Wyandotte County.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:03 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I work at 7th and Minnesota in downtown KCK. It's pretty nasty, especially just north up in the Quindaro area. Central and State Ave aren't very good either. Only nice area is out by the Legends on the extreme western edge of Wyandotte County.
Cool library over there though.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:12 AM 05-04-2024
People keep talking about this Strawberry Hill place in KCK as being pretty nice and townie. Don't even know where it is though
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:26 AM 05-04-2024
oof. that was where KCK schools central office is. didnt like going there.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:53 AM 05-04-2024
Can't wait to try out their shitters
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:20 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Many of them in Texas do yes!
I'm My friend's excited.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:51 PM 05-04-2024
Shit jerky
[Reply]
srvy 01:29 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
People keep talking about this Strawberry Hill place in KCK as being pretty nice and townie. Don't even know where it is though
It's bounded by Minnesota Ave to North Old 69 or 7th Street to the West and I-70 to the South and East.

If you ate at Slaps BBQ you were in Strawberry Hill. Memorial Hall while not Strawberry hill is right at the edge of the Border.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up