ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Buc-ee's looking at Kansas City, Kansas for first Kansas City-based location
Fish 12:40 AM 05-04-2024
Buc-ee's looking at Kansas City, Kansas for first Kansas City-based location

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Online records indicate that the popular Buc-ee's store is considering western Kansas City, Kansas, for a new location.

Records show that Buc-ee's submitted a "preliminary plat" for officials in Wyandotte County to review.

The proposed location, records show, is at 110th Street and Interstate 70, adjacent to the Kansas Speedway and The Legends Outlets.

The Texas-based operation opened a 53,000-square-foot location in Springfield, Missouri, which includes over 120 fuel pumps.

Buc-ee's locations often include dozens of gas station pumps, several food items, and its well-known 'buck-toothed beaver mascot.'

The Kansas Speedway currently owns the property where the location would be.

It's unknown when county and city officials will take up the plan.
[Reply]
Stewie 02:42 AM 05-04-2024
I'm up that way 2-3 times a month for a Menard's run. Would definitely make it a point to stop by.

A guy I follow on youtube just went to the new one in Colorado. Gas was cheap and he tried the brisket sandwich and a pulled pork sandwich. He said the brisket was really good and the pulled pork was average. They weren't exactly cheap, though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:12 AM 05-04-2024
You can't get good bbq at a gas station. Duh
[Reply]
TEX 04:14 AM 05-04-2024
Hard to imagine KC not having one yet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:23 AM 05-04-2024
Have you shat in a Bucees bathroom?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:43 AM 05-04-2024
Buc-ee's Field at Arrowhead

Fuck Gay ha
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:12 AM 05-04-2024
I still have not been to the one in Springfield, but those that have sure seem to enjoy it.
Who knew that clean restrooms and endless supplies of beef jerky could be a draw?
[Reply]
Spott 06:42 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Have you shat in a Bucees bathroom?
Yes, and it was glorious.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:54 AM 05-04-2024

[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:26 AM 05-04-2024
I taught in KCK as my first job. Not far from Indian Springs mall. KCK was a bit of a hole at that time.

I have not been back there since, but can tell the growth is to the west. Did the rest of the city benefit or has it become the "have nows" and the "never wills."
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:26 AM 05-04-2024
People get excited over gas stations?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:02 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
A lot are expanding at great rates.
Caseys, Kwik Trip, Bucees, not sure about Wawa.
Circle K took over Holiday and some Super America.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:10 AM 05-04-2024
The customer cams probably put Walmart to shame(maybe a truck stop hooker search feature)
[Reply]
BWillie 08:13 AM 05-04-2024
Perfect location. Ive bitched for years about the lack of gas stations in that area. Buccees knows whats up. Maybe this will preclude Arrowhead 2.0 and it is the writing on the wall too?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:16 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I personally don't get the hype, as the few times I've been, it's always packed... but, I also rarely go inside a gas station and on road trips want the fastest/most efficient stop and not so much like I'm shopping at WalMart on a Saturday afternoon. I did grab some food once and it was good, but not mind blowing. I've had better at QuikTrip.

It's like the In-N-Out of gas stations, with an odd amount of hype for what it is.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up