ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Was Demarcus Robinson better than I remember? Or was it all PM?
Smed1065 08:03 PM 05-03-2024
Watching that highlight film of PM and he seems in there a lot?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:34 AM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
D-Rob gets all the escalades just for these.

Outside of the postseason, they are still in my top 10 Mahomes throws.

That second one’s in your top 10? Seems like a pretty routine throw for Mahomes.
[Reply]
notorious 11:15 AM 05-04-2024
First start to his career, and it iced the game against a team we despise.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:48 AM 05-04-2024
The problem with drob was he just didn’t grow much as a player. He made the same dumbass mistakes day 1 as his last game with us. He was great on broken plays when Tyreek and Kelce carried the best part of the defense with them.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:34 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
That second one’s in your top 10? Seems like a pretty routine throw for Mahomes.
Being a routine throw for Mahomes doesn't mean that it's not a spectacular throw.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:52 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
I think he was Justin Watson ish?

Better than Skyy right now, but he had zero touches his first year in the league, just played special teams.. so Skyy could still become him?

DRob was better than JWat. And it's not that close. Catch%, Success%, YAC/R, TDs per season, just for starters.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...R/RobiDe01.htm

JWat
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...W/WatsJu01.htm

And then DRob's ability to consistently find a soft spot during a scramble drill, especially in the EZ.

Mostly though it's just that DRob was always a better WR than JWat, a ST player Andy converted into a WR. DRob had great twitch and athleticism, while JWat is just average in those departments.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:54 PM 05-04-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Being a routine throw for Mahomes doesn't mean that it's not a spectacular throw.
I just rewatched that game last night and no it doesn't crack the top 10, I mean it was great and all but ya not top 25 or 40 for me. It would be top 10 for any other QB just not Mahomes.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:59 PM 05-04-2024
D-Rob was better than a number of guys we've been watching the last couple years. If nothing else, he had very good chemistry with Mahomes. We know that's not the case at all for some of the other KC receivers lately.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:00 PM 05-04-2024
Is this the same D Rob that would catch a first down only to step backwards two yards get tackled short of the first down? Or am I thinking someone else?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:10 PM 05-04-2024
Another thing that occurs to me is that Mahomes' great plays probably occur disproportionately on third downs. That's when Robinson would get a disproportionate number of snaps, so he's probably overrepresented in the highlights beyond his actual playing time.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:21 PM 05-04-2024
Another thing that occurs to me is that Mahomes' great plays probably occur disproportionately on third downs. That's when Robinson would get a disproportionate number of snaps, so he's probably overrepresented in the highlights beyond his actual playing time.

He also only started in 51 of his 130 total games. Basically three seasons.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:49 AM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by -King-:
Uh... Where are you getting these numbers from?
In 2021 he was given every opportunity to be our #2 guy. His first 7 games he averaged 71% of the snaps on offense. He was such a shit stain that while getting a majority of the snaps he averaged 3 targets per game, 1.5 receptions per game, and 19 yards per game. The last 10 weeks of the season he averaged 49% of the offensive snaps.

He was garbage.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:48 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
In 2021 he was given every opportunity to be our #2 guy. His first 7 games he averaged 71% of the snaps on offense. He was such a shit stain that while getting a majority of the snaps he averaged 3 targets per game, 1.5 receptions per game, and 19 yards per game. The last 10 weeks of the season he averaged 49% of the offensive snaps.

He was garbage.

Jeez. Talk about skewing the narrative. Like there was ever a realistic chance DRob was going to be WR2 in KC. Dude was drafted in the 4th round, and didn't get the advantage of running with the 1s for his first two seasons like Skyy and KT. ANd he's still been a more consistent and reliable target.

Guess we just don't count the two previous seasons (2019-20) when he went over 400 yards and 7 TDs (4/3)? Or the one right after (2022) with BAL and Lame Jackson with another 400+ yards?

Oh, and btw, his catch% was 61% in 2021. Still 7 points better than Skyy last season. DRob has a career 64.2% catch %. Which makes him better at his job than JWat, MVS, Skyy and Ross.

And he actually scores TDs. As in more than MVS, Skyy and KT combined in 2023.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:39 PM 05-05-2024
He was a good athlete and he was alert in scramble drills, which brought him value. Obviously he was missing some factor that could elevate him into the starting lineup, or the guys in front of him had too much talent. But he's had a longer NFL career than most.

He caught Patrick's first game pass ever if I remember right, and he caught Patrick's 50 TD/5,000 yard pass, so I have fond memories of him. And he'll give us "running backwards" jokes for the rest of our lives, so we'll always remember him.
Demetrius Harris caught the first completion of Mahomes's career. A 51 yarder on 3rd and 10. The first two plays were throws to Robinson, both of which were incomplete.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:46 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Jeez. Talk about skewing the narrative. Like there was ever a realistic chance DRob was going to be WR2 in KC. Dude was drafted in the 4th round, and didn't get the advantage of running with the 1s for his first two seasons like Skyy and KT. ANd he's still been a more consistent and reliable target.

Guess we just don't count the two previous seasons (2019-20) when he went over 400 yards and 7 TDs (4/3)? Or the one right after (2022) with BAL and Lame Jackson with another 400+ yards?

Oh, and btw, his catch% was 61% in 2021. Still 7 points better than Skyy last season. DRob has a career 64.2% catch %. Which makes him better at his job than JWat, MVS, Skyy and Ross.

And he actually scores TDs. As in more than MVS, Skyy and KT combined in 2023.
Yay he's better trash, big trash, biggest trash, and guy that couldn't get onto a terrible WR rotation.

I said he was a decent 3rd/4th option for those 2 years with us. Im skewing nothing. He was given the opportunity after those 2 decent years to step up and be our #2 WR.

Week one he had the 2nd most snaps by WR and played 48 out of 65 snaps.
Week 2 - 3rd most (30/51)
Week 3 - 2nd most (57/79)
Week 4 - 2nd most (45/67)
Week 5 - 2nd most (65/86)
Week 6 - 2nd most (57/82)
Week 7 - Most, more than Tyreek (57/72)

That's a lot of snaps to put up a measly 20 targets, 11 receptions, 126 yards, 2 TDs. It's even more pathetic when you see that in 2 of those 7 games he got 92 or 73% of his yards, 10 of his 16 targets, 6 of his 10 receptions, and all of his TDs. So in 5 games playing in over 70% of the total offensive snaps, on one of the most dynamic pass happy teams in league and he barfed out 4 receptions and 32 yards. Over the final 10 games he had a shitty 21 targets, 14 receptions, 131 yds, and 1 TD.

If that's not shitting away a golden opportunity and sucking shit, then idk what is.

I will say in the Pittsburgh playoff game that year he played really well with 76 yards and he only played 51% of the snaps those game. Andy rewarded him with another chance giving him 64% and 70% of the snaps the next two games. What'd he do with this opportunity?

4 targets, 0 rec, 0 YDs, 0 TDs

I'm surprised you like such a shitty WR.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:52 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yay he's better trash, big trash, biggest trash, and guy that couldn't get onto a terrible WR rotation.

I said he was a decent 3rd/4th option for those 2 years with us. Im skewing nothing. He was given the opportunity after those 2 decent years to step up and be our #2 WR.

Week one he had the 2nd most snaps by WR and played 48 out of 65 snaps.
Week 2 - 3rd most (30/51)
Week 3 - 2nd most (57/79)
Week 4 - 2nd most (45/67)
Week 5 - 2nd most (65/86)
Week 6 - 2nd most (57/82)
Week 7 - Most, more than Tyreek (57/72)

That's a lot of snaps to put up a measly 20 targets, 11 receptions, 126 yards, 2 TDs. It's even more pathetic when you see that in 2 of those 7 games he got 92 or 73% of his yards, 10 of his 16 targets, 6 of his 10 receptions, and all of his TDs. So in 5 games playing in over 70% of the total offensive snaps, on one of the most dynamic pass happy teams in league and he barfed out 4 receptions and 32 yards. Over the final 10 games he had a shitty 21 targets, 14 receptions, 131 yds, and 1 TD.

If that's not shitting away a golden opportunity and sucking shit, then idk what is.

I will say in the Pittsburgh playoff game that year he played really well with 76 yards and he only played 51% of the snaps those game. Andy rewarded him with another chance giving him 64% and 70% of the snaps the next two games. What'd he do with this opportunity?

4 targets, 0 rec, 0 YDs, 0 TDs

I'm surprised you like such a shitty WR.

Not like he was a favorite. just pointing out that in spite of having a bad season in KC, that season was still better than Skyy's last season. And DRob was a 4th round draft pick, Skyy was a 2nd. For that matter, KT was a 1st rounder. JWat was given an opportunity to be a starting WR last season, and promptly shit the bed.

Just based on their stats, DRob was a far better WR than pretty much every WR we had last season, except Rice. Hell, just DRob's season last year was far better than anything our WR room put up, and he only started 4 games.

You want to keep saying he was trash, fine. He was 400 yds/season 4 TD scoring trash. Compared to what we fielded last year, we should've kept him and dumped KT/Skyy/Ross/MVS.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up