ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Was Demarcus Robinson better than I remember? Or was it all PM?
Smed1065 08:03 PM 05-03-2024
Watching that highlight film of PM and he seems in there a lot?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:11 PM 05-03-2024
You could make a highlight reel of D Rob plays and convince someone that he’s an All Pro receiver.

You could also make a lowlight reel of D Rob plays and convince someone that he’s one of the worst players ever.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:23 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You could make a highlight reel of D Rob plays and convince someone that he’s an All Pro receiver.

You could also make a lowlight reel of D Rob plays and convince someone that he’s one of the worst players ever.
I'm glad he was here.

I'm also glad he's no longer here.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 09:24 PM 05-03-2024
Pretty good as a 3/4 WR I reckon but after winning the Super Bowl without him I can't really say we should've resigned him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:55 PM 05-03-2024
DRob only started in 4 games last season, played in 6-7, I think. Including the playoffs, he caught 29 (targeted 45 times) passes for 415 yards, 23 1st downs, and 4 TDs. And never rose above the 4th receiver.

Basically he was better than every WR for the Chiefs except Rice. He was a better route runner, better at creating separation, better ball tracker, better catcher, better in scramble drills. And he did almost all of that on his own; no manufactured touches like Toney and Skyy. Which is amazing considering that he really was just a very JAG NFL WR for his entire career.

Love watching some of those catches of his in those highlights reels though. He made some really nice ones when he was here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:04 PM 05-03-2024
I thought he was about to take a massive step towards becoming a legit Number 2 receiver after the 28 point 2nd quarter and that game against the Ravens the next week in 2019.

He was great in those two games.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:18 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He was better than Skyy and Toney. Take that for what it’s worth.
D Rob sucked. Like bad. And he was waaaay better than Skyy and Toney.

Let that sink in.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:22 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
D-Rob gets all the escalades just for these.

Outside of the postseason, they are still in my top 10 Mahomes throws.

He always seemed to be open during the scramble drill, which had a ton of value. I had that "why did we cut him?" question pop in my head a few times this last year, turns out he really wasn't that great.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:33 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
D Rob sucked. Like bad. And he was waaaay better than Skyy and Toney.

Let that sink in.
Well yea, he seemed to be able to get open on scramble drills and had Mahomes' trust and didn't have a particular problem catching the ball.

Seemed like he occasionally had a problem with running forward after catching the ball, but I guess nobody's perfect.
[Reply]
scho63 10:34 PM 05-03-2024
His game against the Raiders was the most memorable for me.

Can't think of much else he did when he wasn't running backwards after catch.
[Reply]
irafreak 10:53 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He was a good athlete and he was alert in scramble drills, which brought him value. Obviously he was missing some factor that could elevate him into the starting lineup, or the guys in front of him had too much talent. But he's had a longer NFL career than most.

He caught Patrick's first game pass ever if I remember right, and he caught Patrick's 50 TD/5,000 yard pass, so I have fond memories of him. And he'll give us "running backwards" jokes for the rest of our lives, so we'll always remember him.
And even on that 50th td catch he finished by running backwards into the endzone.
[Reply]
Chargem 01:46 AM 05-04-2024
I think he was Justin Watson ish?

Better than Skyy right now, but he had zero touches his first year in the league, just played special teams.. so Skyy could still become him?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:21 AM 05-04-2024
The diva metric is going to have to join WR stats. Somehow being a diva is like big tits to NFL fans. DR seemed grounded
[Reply]
Hoover 05:51 AM 05-04-2024
All this does is get me more excited for Worthy
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:02 AM 05-04-2024
He was never as bad as people said, which last year proved. Hell, I would have killed to have any version of him last season. He showed he could play with the Rams as well. He’s a very solid player and always has been. He was never going to be more than a 4th option at best, but last I checked you need those guys in this league, too.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 06:16 AM 05-04-2024
It was maddening watch him make a catch and then run BACKWARDS. Wouldn’t be surprised if his YAC was a negative number.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up