ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Downtown KC Hotel Recommendations?
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:23 PM 05-03-2024
Looking at several different spots downtown. Over the years, I've stayed just about everywhere in KC, but I'm wondering if anyone has a couple of good recommendations. Thanks everyone!
[Reply]
cmh6476 05:39 PM 05-03-2024
Nowhere to park avoid it at all costs
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:58 PM 05-03-2024
Hampton Inn in the Crossroads is my new favorite
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:00 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Each to their own but both of those to me look ghastly and tacky. If I'm staying in a hotel I want a nice, historic facade and reception/lounge/bar area with a modern, comfortable room.
I hate paying money on hotels... and the more expensive the room (for generally the same amenities as any other hotel), the more they nickel and dime you to death to the point where you're paying $20 for a watered down old fashioned and the next morning $25 for biscuits and gravy on top of that $300 room. I assume a lot of needlessly expensive hotels here are that way because they're used for business purposes and expensed, so they know business people don't give a shit what it costs.

I've long been a fan of Hampton Inn... beds are amazing, usually get a mini fridge, some have a gym and/or pool, and "free" breakfast that isn't just bagels..... and pretty midrange for price.

So, yeah... a hotel like that is kind of cheesy, but it's actually priced pretty reasonably (~$200-225/night) considering it has a spa and a small strange looking bar with an Egyptian theme and Chiefs SB Champs banner and jacuzzi tubs. I'd take the novelty of it over paying $15/night for internet at a Marriott shoutsatcloud.gif.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:06 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I hate paying money on hotels... and the more expensive the room (for generally the same amenities as any other hotel), the more they nickel and dime you to death to the point where you're paying $20 for a watered down old fashioned and the next morning $25 for biscuits and gravy on top of that $300 room. I assume a lot of needlessly expensive hotels here are that way because they're used for business purposes and expensed, so they know business people don't give a shit what it costs.

I've long been a fan of Hampton Inn... beds are amazing, usually get a mini fridge, some have a gym and/or pool, and "free" breakfast that isn't just bagels..... and pretty midrange for price.

So, yeah... a hotel like that is kind of cheesy, but it's actually priced pretty reasonably (~$200-225/night) considering it has a spa and a small strange looking bar with an Egyptian theme and Chiefs SB Champs banner and jacuzzi tubs. I'd take the novelty of it over paying $15/night for internet at a Marriott shoutsatcloud.gif.
I'm a Hampton Inn and Drury Inn generally, but damn if you get a deal on a luxury hotel it's amazing. I got a hell of a deal one night at the Westin in downtown St. Louis. $100 for a suite. It was an awesome experience.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:11 PM 05-03-2024
Rodeway Inn not far from the center of downtown
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:26 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'm a Hampton Inn and Drury Inn generally, but damn if you get a deal on a luxury hotel it's amazing. I got a hell of a deal one night at the Westin in downtown St. Louis. $100 for a suite. It was an awesome experience.
Damn, where do you find deals like that?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:47 PM 05-03-2024
Another fan of the Hampton in the Crossroads. Its pretty much where I stay when I come in town

Honestly I don't love their parking situation and its mostly nostalgia of looking across Walnut street at this stage in life an reliving moving a couch down that fire escape and the life crushing stress I thought I was under at the time then fast forwarding to see how freaking quaint the area has become. People walking their pets, jogging, getting coffee, etc

Back to the OP though, the streetcar drops off/picks up right outside the front door and the area is very walkable...and I believe its also LGBQT friendly for you and your partner...j/k...have fun
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:54 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Damn, where do you find deals like that?
It was a random Saturday night when nothing was going on in St. Louis. Think they were just trying to get some rooms filled.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:55 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Another fan of the Hampton in the Crossroads. Its pretty much where I stay when I come in town

Honestly I don't love their parking situation and its mostly nostalgia of looking across Walnut street at this stage in life an reliving moving a couch down that fire escape and the life crushing stress I thought I was under at the time then fast forwarding to see how freaking quaint the area has become. People walking their pets, jogging, getting coffee, etc

Back to the OP though, the streetcar drops off/picks up right outside the front door and the area is very walkable...and I believe its also LGBQT friendly for you and your partner...j/k...have fun
Parking is biggest down fall at the Hampton there. Wish it had a garage.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:07 PM 05-03-2024
Anyone with thoughts on the Crowne Plaza? Got some points I could use toward this joint...
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 07:30 PM 05-03-2024
If you like things with a little bit of history you might like Hotel President, Hotel Phillips or The Muehlebach.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:52 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
If you like things with a little bit of history you might like Hotel President, Hotel Phillips or The Muehlebach.
Stayed at the Phillips a few years back. Felt like I paid for their lobby. And it is a beautiful lobby, but the room was pretty mediocre and dated.
[Reply]
scho63 10:24 PM 05-03-2024
When picking a hotel I have several criteria.

1. It must be 100% safe and clean. I normally like to be in an area that has 3-4 or more like hotels.

2. For business trips, it's location convenience first and extended stay hotels for longer trips.

3. I stay in either Marriott or Hilton chain hotels since I am in a member in both frequent stay programs.

4. I try to stay in a hotel with a decent bar and restaurants so if I don't feel like going out I have a place to grab food and drink.

5. I don't spend more than $250-$300 a night when I travel personally. If all the hell I am doing is sleeping, it's crazy to spend $500 a night. Hotel prices have become ridiculous and I have no desire to pay $5000 for a week in a fancy hotel.

Some of the boutique hotels like Aloft, Indigo and Tempo have good prices.

I stayed at the Phillips in KC based on CPs recommendation and liked it. I also stayed at the Sheraton Crown Center and that was very nice. I had a high floor and great view.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 PM 05-03-2024
this thread made me horny

now i want to take the gf to a hotel and bang her like a hooker
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:29 PM 05-03-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
this thread made me horny

now i want to take the gf to a hotel and bang her like a hooker
My buddy took a chick to the Loews hotel. Banged her right next to the windows in their hotel room. She was a trailer trash chick, so she impressed as hell with that hotel.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up