ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:56 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by tk13:
Hamas just revealed it, but I was about to say I can tell who's read Bill Simmons book in this argument... :-)
tk13 knows The Secret.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:56 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You guys were geniuses for trading Olden Polynice for Pippen, BTW.

However, Sikma's blonde afroperm is the definition of win.
Yeah. Pretty retarded. Almost as retarded as the rumors going around we were going to trade Kemp for him near the end of his career. What would Seattle have done without Vin fucking Baker? Vin Baker equaled the beginning of the end of basketball in Seattle.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:00 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie:
Wait a minute. He never SAW Montana play? How old is this guy?

Some guys you had to see play to appreciate instead of relying on stats. A lot of younger fans only know the Larry Bird fromn the later years when he got bulkier and had the short hair. But if you never saw the younger Larry night after night you would never appreciate how truly great he was.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hootie is like 24. His opinion on shit from the late 70s to early 90s doesn't mean shit to me.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:00 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Yeah. Pretty retarded. Almost as retarded as the rumors going around we were going to trade Kemp for him near the end of his career. What would Seattle have done without Vin fucking Baker? Vin Baker equaled the beginning of the end of basketball in Seattle.
Actually, it was Jim McIlvane's 50 million dollar contract when Kemp was still making peanuts.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:01 PM 01-24-2010
Considering Montana about took the Chiefs to the Super Bowl, he is way way better than Manning. Horseface is as well. Manning is a great player but he isn't the greatest of all time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:17 PM 01-24-2010
I had the opportunity to meet Joe this week. I decided not to...never meet your heroes.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:18 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
I had the opportunity to meet Joe this week. I decided not to...never meet your heroes.
Why not?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:19 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
Why not?
For one thing I don't care about autographs. For another thing I'd be this gawking fanboy making him uncomfortable.

I prefer to worship from afar, where I can idolize and idealize. What if I see a wart or something?
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:23 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
What if I see a wart or something?
:-)
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 07:25 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Actually, it was Jim McIlvane's 50 million dollar contract when Kemp was still making peanuts.
$35 million over 5 years just because the dude was 7ft. tall was one of the most retarded moves I've ever seen in sports. I hope the Cassel trade doesn't rival it when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
Dottefan 07:36 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Sully:
Montana
elway
Brady
Manning

Hellllllllllllllllllllllll no...lol...That Donkey would of never won a superbowl if it werent for their running back at the time....he was finished those last two years, and rod Terrell Davis`s coat tales..if it werent for those two wins, he wouldnt even be in the top 5..and barley in the top 10
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:37 PM 01-24-2010
Elway was also present with Montana this week in Houston.

Maybe I should have got him to sign an 8x10 glossy of DT sacking him. Dammit, missed opportunity.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:39 PM 01-24-2010
Just wanna say I agree that he is the GOAT. Now Ill go and read through the thread and see what kind of dumbassery showed its ugly face in the thread.

Jordan is basketball

Joe Montana is football

Gretzky is hockey

the GOAT of baseball likely played before my time
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:42 PM 01-24-2010
Marino's the best QB of all time. Great arm, great pocket presence, absolutely no weapons to work with and no great mind behind him (ala Walsh). He carried those sorry assed teams on his back and just because he doesn’t have a fancy ring he seems to be out of the running for greatest QB (Buuulll shit – Dilfer has a fancy ring and he’s a POS Q.B.).
Montaner might make my top 5 because of his execution of the system he was given. Steve Young can suck a dick because he played on a team that cheated the cap and was loaded with illegal weapons (he brought a gun to the knife fight).

Greatest RBs are really hard to judge due to their short shelf lives. I’ve always thought Natrone Means was the greatest RB of all time because he had feet like Barry Sanders but was a load at aboot 240 lbs (he never went backwards). I’ve also thought one of the best RB tandems of all time was Okoye and Word in the early 90’s.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:43 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Just wanna say I agree that he is the GOAT. Now Ill go and read through the thread and see what kind of dumbassery showed its ugly face in the thread.

Jordan is basketball

Joe Montana is football

Gretzky is hockey

the GOAT of baseball likely played before my time
Howe is hockey. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 23
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up