ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 23
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
milkman 06:17 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
milkman is spin city...

he tries and tries and tries to spin things so he can think he's being truthful with his beliefs...he tricks himself into actually believing this shit.

It's hysterical.
You know why I believe these things.

It's because I actually saw these guys play.

You are making judgements on things your dumb ass never fucking saw. so excuse me if I think your opinion is fucking useless.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:21 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
You know why I believe these things.

It's because I actually saw these guys play.

You are making judgements on things your dumb ass never ****ing saw. so excuse me if I think your opinion is ****ing useless.
Just because you're old, doesn't mean you know what the fuck you are talking about (obviously)...
[Reply]
milkman 06:24 PM 01-24-2010
Just because you're old, doesn't mean you know what the **** you are talking about (obviously)...
That is as may be.

However, the fact that you never saw those guys automatically eliminates your opinion as anything but hot air being blown by a loudmouth kid.
[Reply]
Kerberos 06:25 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We can argue anything but the fact remains the 49ers of the 80s and into the 90s were far and away the best team in the league.
No Salary Cap = Stacked teams with great players.

You will see this kind of shit again if we don't get an agreement in place in the next few years.

He made the Chiefs just good enough to be BETTER but had we had more great players I have no doubt he could have taken us to a SB -Marty

Redskins in the 1st Joe Gibbs era had better reserve linemen than most teams 1st stringers.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:25 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I think Peyton's line has always been over rated, and I think Harrison and Wayne aren't who they are without Peyton throwing them the ball. JMO.
He's not particularly mobile and virtually always has unlimited time to throw the ball, so I would say maybe you're underestimating his line a little. Not that his play/playcalling isn't part of the equation.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:25 PM 01-24-2010
Milkman I will agree with you about Montana. He is still the best QB. I would put Manning in the top 5 for sure.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:26 PM 01-24-2010
Michael Jordan couldn't hold Wilt's jock, and I'd rather have Magic than Michael.
Wow.

Wilt, the guy who cared so much about stats he decided one year he wanted to lead the league in assists, who asked out of crunch time in Game 7 of the Finals, whose teams were routinely destroyed by Bill Russell's Celtics despite having equivalent talent.

And Magic Johnson was a horrible defensive player. Jordan is probably...no check, is definitely the greatest defensive guard ever in addition to holding the all-time mark for career scoring.

Dude...just, no.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:26 PM 01-24-2010
I also like the Leonard Marshall hit in 1990 in San Fransisco.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 06:27 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
I wonder how good Montana would have been without Rice and Bill Walsh. Montana is the quintessential system quarterback.
Your football takes are honestly some of the worst I've ever seen anywhere. You are dumb beyond words.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:28 PM 01-24-2010

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:31 PM 01-24-2010
I've said this before.

Michael couldn't get his teams past the Celtics and Pistons until Bird and Thomas started to decline physically, and by the time he did, Magic had also started his physical decline.

His Bulls never beat a great team in a playoff series.
The '92 Blazers and '93 Suns were damned fucking good basketball teams.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:34 PM 01-24-2010
as were the Knicks, Pacers, 1996 Sonics, and the Jazz team in 1998 was clearly the superior team...but Jordan single-handedly won that series with Pippen playing with a terrible back injury and being totally ineffective...

Again, Milkman read this piece of literature and get back to me:

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/199...IBRY_000017085

Goosebumps.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:34 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You're crazy. Hell Oscar Robertson is better PG than Magic is and I like Magic. MJ is the GOAT at least until Kobe or Lebron match him in championships.
Oscar Robinson was not as good as Magic.

You cannot take the stats of guys who played in the late 50's to early 60's seriously. No one played defense, teams jacked up shots nonstop (hence huge rebounding numbers), and teams could not have more than 2 black guys...literally.
[Reply]
milkman 06:35 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The '92 Blazers and '93 Suns were damned ****ing good basketball teams.
Good, but not great.

The Lakers, Celtics and 76ers, not to mention the Rockets, were all very good to great at times during the Magic-Bird era.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:35 PM 01-24-2010
as were the Knicks, Pacers, 1996 Sonics, and the Jazz team in 1998 was clearly the superior team...but Jordan single-handedly won that series with Pippen playing with a terrible back injury and being totally ineffective...

Again, Milkman read this piece of literature and get back to me:

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/199...IBRY_000017085

Goosebumps.
Rep for those 96 Sonics.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 23
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up