ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:02 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
Montana has 4. If Manning can win 4, I'd anoint him. Not until...
Hilarious.

Nevermind any of meccas points about that era...
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:04 PM 01-24-2010
Are you sure? Brady has the record for TD passes in a season with 50. Whose record of 48 did he break? :-)
Yeah, again though, I think it's a product of what's around him. To me, it's not even close between Manning and Brady.
[Reply]
kstater 06:04 PM 01-24-2010
Montana has 4. If Manning can win 4, I'd anoint him. Not until...
I'm going to disagree. I think it's a lot harder to get a team regardless of how great the QB is to 4 SB's today than in Montana's day. Don't have anything to base that on, but I just feel that way.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 06:04 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
Sanders was a great RB, but he never fully understood when to simply take what the defense gave him.

Now, admittedly, we might have missed a few electrifying runs had he done that, but the fact is, losing yardage is not a recipe for team success.

I'll take the guys that are almost always moving forward.
you present good points. the issue is that everybody has different criteria for what constitutes 'greatest of all-time.' as always, opinions are like assholes. everybody has them, and they stink if they're not yours.
[Reply]
milkman 06:05 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
I'm a useless dumbass who is ALWAYS right against you...

ALWAYS...

Stemming back to Huard...

All the way to Manning/Brady...

and I've been saying the same thing since 2003...it's good to see that finally everyone is jumping on board...you'll be on soon enough. You can only deny it so much until you no longer want to beat yourself up over defending something that makes you look like a total retard.
You weren't right about Huard, and trust me, I'm never going to jump on the Manning bandwagon.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:06 PM 01-24-2010
Magic made the players around him better, not only raising teh level of their strenths, but also their weaknesses.

Did you ever see James Worthy try moving to his left, and doing ot well without Magic.

He (Worthy) was the absolute worst I've ever seen moving to his weak side, without Magic.

He looked fluid and smooth with.

Michel never had that kind of effect.
Your kidding right? MJ had Scottie Pippen... Magic had Worthy, Michael Cooper, Kareem, and Byron Scott.

Also let's not forget MJ owning Magic and the Lakers in the Finals.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:06 PM 01-24-2010
My favorite Joe Montana highlight is the Jim Burt knock out blow in the 86 playoffs.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:06 PM 01-24-2010
Are you sure? Brady has the record for TD passes in a season with 50. Whose record of 48 did he break? :-)
Well since it took Brady 16 games to throw 50, and Manning 15 games to throw 49...I'm pretty sure we all know who would still have that record if the Colts played their meaningless games (he was 1-2 in week 17 and played 1 series in 2004)...

and by breaking that record...they also gave the Giants a perfect gameplan on how to beat them in the Super Bowl (18-1)...

So good job with that record Tom.
[Reply]
milkman 06:07 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
I'm going to disagree. I think it's a lot harder to get a team regardless of how great the QB is to 4 SB's today than in Montana's day. Don't have anything to base that on, but I just feel that way.
This has become a QB driven league.

Great QBs today should have an easier time getting to the SB than in Montana's day, (and it was even more difficult in Bradshaw's day, and in Starr's day before that).

Montana faced far better TEAMs in the NFC than any that Manning has had to.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:07 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Peyton has a lot less to work with than Joe did.
Rice wasn't around during the 1st 2 SBs.
[Reply]
milkman 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Your kidding right? MJ had Scottie Pippen... Magic had Worthy, Michael Cooper, Kareem, and Byron Scott.

Dude.

Pay the fuck attention.

Those players were great because Magic made them great.

Worthy is in the HOF because of Magic.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
dwight clark was no slouch. the defenses those early 49er teams had were hellacious.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
Magic made the players around him better, not only raising teh level of their strenths, but also their weaknesses.

Did you ever see James Worthy try moving to his left, and doing ot well without Magic.

He (Worthy) was the absolute worst I've ever seen moving to his weak side, without Magic.

He looked fluid and smooth with.

Michel never had that kind of effect.
They are different kind of players. Magic was basically a power forward playing PG. Magic's role was to distribute the ball. Jordan's role was to dominate because no one ever had the skills he did to score. His' defense wasnt to shabby either.

I am a Life long Lakers fan since i was a kid in the early 80's and Magic is a GREAT player, but Jordan is the best. Magic has players that fit what he did. Jordan had players that FIT what he did.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That doesn't matter to milkman...
[Reply]
milkman 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
Wendell Tyler was the featured RB in the forst one.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 23
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up