ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
Sully 05:42 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by H5N1:
milkman also doesn't think much of barry sanders--not in his top three all-time RBs. go figure.
I don't know if I'd put Barry in my top 3, either.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 05:43 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Sully:
it's all a matter of opinion. personally, barry sanders was possibly the most amazing RB I've ever seen--I never saw jim brown, bronco nagurski, jim thorpe, oj simpson, marion motley, or any of the other RBs that most old timers put up there. I've seen barry, and was left breathless countless times.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:43 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Sully:
After seeing you with Brady above Manning, I'm not really surprised.
[Reply]
Frankie 05:44 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
Had I posted this, the milkman would be one of the first ones to come out with phrases like "You are a retard," or such. Very interesting.

I'm a Montana fan too. But let's face it NOTHING that Peyton Manning does will ever make him surpass Montana?
[Reply]
Crush 05:45 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
Uh, where is the win in Mile High? :-)

Doh!!!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:45 PM 01-24-2010
If Manning can keep this up and win 3 or more SBs, then we can talk about him being the GOAT.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:46 PM 01-24-2010
All those legendary guys did it when their franchises were dominant. It's much harder to win consistently in the NFL. That's what puts Manning over the top. He not only study's harder than the rest, he's got the arm strength, accuracy, brains and heart. Peyton is the total package.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:47 PM 01-24-2010
If Manning can keep this up and win 3 or more SBs, then we can talk about him being the GOAT.
I agree he needs to win a total of 3 to be GOAT. But it's unreal to me that he's not already viewed as better than Brady. Just because of the rings? By that logic Peyton is no better than Trent Dilfer.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 05:49 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
I agree he needs to win a total of 3 to be GOAT. But it's unreal to me that he's not already viewed as better than Brady. Just because of the rings? By that logic Peyton is no better than Trent Dilfer.
It is simply due to his past failures in the post-season. Period.
[Reply]
Hootie 05:50 PM 01-24-2010
Michael Jordan couldn't hold Wilt's jock, and I'd rather have Magic than Michael.
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

you're so stupid
[Reply]
milkman 05:50 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-)
Magic made the players around him better, not only raising teh level of their strenths, but also their weaknesses.

Did you ever see James Worthy try moving to his left, and doing ot well without Magic.

He (Worthy) was the absolute worst I've ever seen moving to his weak side, without Magic.

He looked fluid and smooth with.

Michel never had that kind of effect.
[Reply]
kstater 05:51 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
This. Although I'd say if he gets his second this year, I'd start the argument. A 3rd and IMO there shouldn't be an argument.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:51 PM 01-24-2010
It is simply due to his past failures in the post-season. Period.
If he was doing that now, I'd be with you. But a lot of guys choked in big games early in their career. Elway being at the top of the list. Way to go. 97 yards two times to beat the same team to go the Super Bowl. How'd he do once he got there? I'm not going to hold the first 5 years of his career against him almost 10 years later. Brady could never do the things Peyton is doing right now. Ever.
[Reply]
kstater 05:52 PM 01-24-2010
Magic made the players around him better, not only raising teh level of their strenths, but also their weaknesses.

Did you ever see James Worthy try moving to his left, and doing ot well without Magic.

He (Worthy) was the absolute worst I've ever seen moving to his weak side, without Magic.

He looked fluid and smooth with.

Michel never had that kind of effect.
Which is why the Bulls won the championship the year he wasn't there.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 05:52 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
This. Although I'd say if he gets his second this year, I'd start the argument. A 3rd and IMO there shouldn't be an argument.
I think if he wins this year, he passes Elway. He wins another and then you start the Montana talk. He wins a 4th, and it's a done deal.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 23
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up