ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official Formula 1 Thread*******
KC native 11:47 PM 03-12-2013
Everyone else gets an official thread, so I want one too.

I've seen several people make mentions of F1 on here. So, I'm giving us a thread. No more Speed bs coverage. NBC looks like they are taking it serious and will have some good coverage.

With DVRs now, it's no longer a pain in the ass to watch the races. So watch them and discuss

And if you don't watch F1. You suck. Best racing on the planet.

:-)27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0">

:-)5799DB !important;">Breaking sports news video. :-)5799DB !important;">MLB, :-)5799DB !important;">NFL, :-)5799DB !important;">NBA, :-)5799DB !important;">NHL highlights and :-)5799DB !important;">more.

Originally Posted by :
Following is this week’s coverage schedule for the Rolex Australian Grand Prix on NBC Sports Network:

Date Program Time Network
Friday, March 15 Practice #1 12:00 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Friday, March 15 Practice #2 1:30 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Sat., March 16 Qualifying 2 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Sat., March 16 Qualifying Re-Air 1:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sunday, March 17 Australian Grand Prix 1:30 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Sunday, March 17 F1 Extra 4 a.m. NBC Sports Network
Sunday, March 17 Race Re-Air 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
-

More practice times for the entire season can be found here.

2013 FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE (Subject to change, all times ET):

Date Grand Prix Time Re-Air (NBCSN) Network
Sun., March 17 Australia 1:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., March 24 Malaysia 3:30 a.m. 3 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., April 14 China 2:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., April 21 Bahrain 7:30 a.m. Noon NBC Sports Network
Sun., May 12 Spain 7:30 a.m. 2 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., May 26 Monaco 7:30 a.m. 10:30 a.m. NBC
Sun., June 9 Canada 2 p.m. 7 p.m. NBC
Sun., June 30 United Kingdom 7:30 a.m. Noon CNBC
Sun., July 7 Germany 7:30 a.m. Noon CNBC
Sun., July 28 Hungary 7:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Aug. 25 Belgium 7:30 a.m. Midnight NBC Sports Network
Sun., Sept. 8 Italy 7:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Sept. 22 Singapore 7:30 a.m. 1:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 6 Korea 1:30 a.m. 4 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 13 Japan 1:30 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Oct. 27 India 5:00 a.m. 1 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Nov. 3 Abu Dhabi 7:30 a.m. 6 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sun., Nov. 17 USA (Austin) 1 p.m. 6 p.m. NBC
Sun., Nov. 24 Brazil 11 a.m. 4:30 p.m. NBC

[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:27 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But before that a competitive race was anyone but Hamilton. Before that anyone but Vettel. Before that Schumacher. Before that it was McLaren just dominating for a decade with both Senna and Prost.

Like...this is just what F1 has always been. A constructor gets the design right and then everyone's trying to catch up for several years.

I mean compare this to even a decade ago - in qualifying you have all 20 cars usually within about a second of each other. The dominant driver of the day used to be 5/6 seconds faster than the back markers.

F1 is as competitive as it's ever been. Max is a little more prominent because his teammate is mediocre as hell - that's not usually been the case when you've had a dominant team at the front.

F1 just ain't gonna be NASCAR. It's not designed to be and never has been. Its an engineering sport as much as a driving one and when one set of engineers just gets it right, that's gonna be a problem for a fairly long period of time. it reminds me a bit of the Vettel years except that Mark Webber was just a better driver than Perez and and could push Vettel more than Perez pushes Max.

That and Alonso was in his prime then and Alonso was just so damn good. That period had the best driver in probably the 3rd best car (Red Bull and Mercedes were better). Right now we have the best driver in the best car. But the results aren't THAT much different than Vettel strafing the field 4 years in a row.
Great points. Doesn't change what I said being 100% accurate though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Great points. Doesn't change what I said being 100% accurate though.
Everything is relative in sports or racing or...I dunno...chess.

Competitive endeavors are always about relativity. And despite the cars being giant shitty busses, the racing is as good as it's been for a very long time.

Give me some of the gains that have come from the cost caps and then the V-10s and smaller cars of the 2000 through 2005 era. That era had the most potential, even if Michael really did dominate it.

Too many bad/poor teams back then but now, even a team like Williams (which seemingly can't ever get anything right) has James Vowles. Alpine has a ton of money to catch up with. Sauber is going to be a works team for Audi soon.

Gimme that Cadillac Andretti squad, 1 more team (bring the grid to 24), ditch the hybrids and stop engineering races through intentional tire degradation. Let 'em rip.

F1 is as close as it's ever been to being truly incredible if they'd just get out of their own damn way.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 24
« First < 142021222324
Up