ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How much sense does Mahomes make for MVP?
Direckshun 04:48 AM Today
Historically, including the two times Mahomes has actually won the MVP, the award goes to the quarterback with the gaudiest stats and highlight reel performances.

That's a big reason why, despite his regularly disappearing in the playoffs, Lamar Jackson will be a perennial MVP candidate (until the day he has to retire two seasons from now because his body was snapped in half).

And certainly going by that standard, Lamar should be a frontrunner again this year, alongside Josh Allen. Both QBs are putting up huge stats and making insane plays.

But the QB doing the heaviest lifting this season happens to be the same one who is undefeated.

We saw what happens when a really good QB is deprived of his best weapons yesterday. It was Brock Purdy, and he was largely useless.

Mahomes has made plenty of mistakes but if he cuts down on his most egregious errors, and keeps willing this team to victory after victory, then I absolutely think you have to look at him as MVP. The award is "Most Valuable Player," and Mahomes has proven that even if you kneecap the skill positions all over his offense, he (along with Reid's elite gameplanning) can lead his team to victory after victory.

Naturally, he doesn't care, because he only cares about Super Bowls.

But this guy is the GOAT, and he needs to have a trophy case proving that.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 04:53 AM Today
Zero
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:01 AM Today
He's not playing MVP level right now.

YOu can throw in Jayden Daniels to the MVP mix. The Commanders have the best offense in the league.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:10 AM Today
At the end of the day numbers it’s always that much harder for a multi mvp winner to win. The only thing holding his mvp odds so high right now is the undefeated record. I do think that the less attention on mahomes winning the award will raise the attention on Reid for coach of the year
[Reply]
BWillie 06:12 AM Today
Mahomes improved his QBR to 11th after last game. QB rating continued to plummet but QBR is best indicator to how you are playing at least if you compare it to PFF and QB rating
[Reply]
In58men 06:14 AM Today
Hunt is doing more for this offense than Mahomes lol
[Reply]
kccrow 06:15 AM Today
Mahomes isn't anything near MVP quality right now.
[Reply]
digger 06:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
He's not playing MVP level right now.

YOu can throw in Jayden Daniels to the MVP mix. The Commanders have the best offense in the league.

Can't get the MVP if you can't play: [He could miss a game or more]

Jayden Daniels injury update: Commanders QB ruled out with rib injury

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...g-vs-panthers/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:22 AM Today
Nope…

He’d need to go on an incredible heater statistically to get back atop that convo, even on the best team right now.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
Hunt is doing more for this offense than Mahomes lol
I don’t know about that but it's close. Throwing the ball yeah Mahomes is a struggle but when push comes to shove he put his body on the line and made those key runs. Even if his accuracy and passing is off he can contort his body and scamper around within or near the pocket to get the throwing lane he wants
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 06:55 AM Today
Only MVP I care about him getting is another Superbowl MVP.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:59 AM Today
The only MVP I am hoping he gets is another Super Bowl MVP award...

Let Lamar and Josh Allen have their regular season MVP's, because that is the consolation prize from never making it to the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
The only MVP I am hoping he gets is another Super Bowl MVP award...

Let Lamar and Josh Allen have their regular season MVP's, because that is the consolation prize from never making it to the Super Bowl.
this, this and this
[Reply]
-King- 07:09 AM Today
Lol
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:17 AM Today
It’s weird to me people think Mahomes doesn’t care about stats and individual awards.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up