ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>What's Your Favorite Game Show(s)?
Passepartout 11:33 PM 08-23-2024
Here are mine in the wake of original "Hollywood Squares" host Peter Marshall passing away. What are you favorite game shows? Here are mine:

Newlywed Game
Dating Game the Jim Lange version
Match Game the Gene Rayburn Version
Richard Dawson's version of Family Feud
Hollywood Squares mainly the Marshall version
Treasure Hunt with Geoff Edwards
[Reply]
alpha_omega 10:20 AM 08-24-2024
Easy. The Jokers Wild with Jack Barry.
NOT the one with Snoop Dogg.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:17 AM 08-25-2024
Family feud
S- Ray Combs
A- John O'Hurley (J Peterman)
B- Louis Anderson
C- Steve Harvey
D- Dawson
F- Richard Karn

but hell, even the Richard Karn seasons were decent enough to watch

To Tell the Truth
the John O'Hurley version is the only one I saw

Lets Make a Deal
Wayne Brady
[Reply]
srvy 12:48 PM 08-25-2024
Does The Gong Show count?

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 01:15 PM 08-25-2024
Price is Right
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:26 PM 08-25-2024
Never really got much into game shows, but I did used to watch Price Is Right all the time because I had a major thing for Holly Hallstrom

https://sl.bing.net/i837OOa4cvI

And of course The Gong Show was always a hoot
[Reply]
Frazod 04:03 PM 08-25-2024
Obviously going back decades here, but the ones that immediately came to mind were Match Game and Hollywood Squares. Paul Lynde was amazingly funny, clever and snarky, as were Richard Dawson and Charles Nelson Reilly. It really seemed like everybody involved in those shows, be it the hosts, celebrity panelists or contestants, was having a blast. I remember being amazed that the obnoxiously hilarious guy on Match Game played Newkirk on Hogan's Heroes. Dawson taught me at a young age that actors are definitely NOT the same people they play on TV. :-)

As for modern/current game shows, I don't watch any of them.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:15 PM 08-25-2024
Fucking wild to me that we have to get 8 posts in for Jeopardy. Even post Trebek with the bad Mayim Bialik run is better than anything else out there by a mile.

I will say that I’ve quite enjoyed the 1% Club, though it loses points for the terrible in-between rounds banter. The Chase is also quite enjoyable.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:55 PM 08-25-2024
It's been decades since I watched anything other than Jeopardy. So I guess it's Jeopardy.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:58 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Fucking wild to me that we have to get 8 posts in for Jeopardy. Even post Trebek with the bad Mayim Bialik run is better than anything else out there by a mile.

I will say that I’ve quite enjoyed the 1% Club, though it loses points for the terrible in-between rounds banter. The Chase is also quite enjoyable.
Missed this post. I was thinking the same thing. Figured there's be mostly Jeopardy fans. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:59 PM 08-25-2024
I didn't know that game shows were still a thing.

Anyway, back in the day I liked Cash Cab, Press Your Luck (NO WHAMMIES!!!), Hollywood Squares and Family Feud.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:28 AM 08-26-2024
Press Your Luck is still a thing. Elizabeth Banks hosts it, and yes, she's still hot af.

Cash Cab was fun, and I was always a fan of Wayne Brady's Let's Make a Deal.
[Reply]
Passepartout 01:03 AM 08-27-2024
Really the originals are the originals. They were good clean fun compared to today's game shows or remakes.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:40 AM 08-27-2024
I had a crush on Vanna White. I'll go with Wheel of Fortune
[Reply]
Frazod 05:54 PM 08-27-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Missed this post. I was thinking the same thing. Figured there's be mostly Jeopardy fans. :-)
I liked Jeopardy, but I really preferred the funny shows.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up