ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A Level Headed Review Week 6 2024
DenverChief 08:05 PM Yesterday
So the bye week has come and gone and there are several things to talk about in review.

We lost Hollywood Brown and Rashee Rice for the season for all intents and purposes. There is a slim chance Brown could make an appearance this year in the playoffs. That would be 14 weeks (98 days) away assuming we get the #1 seed. That would be 5 months since his injury.

Skyy Moore has done absolutely nothing to prove he belongs on this roster. He has had 0 receptions on 2 targets. Additionally he has a fumbled kickoff that he recovered.

Justin Watson is a good #4 option but he isn't going to strike fearing the hearts of opposing defenses.

There is a 50% chance the Chiefs stand pat with their WR corps and end up calling up Remegio or Washington to help round out the room. There is also a 50% chance the Chiefs go out and get someone. Lots of names have been floated around and I think there are a handful of choices that make the most sense.

1 - Tyreek Hill. The Dolphins are 2-3 at this point and without Tua until week 8. A lot of this depends on the Dolphins. Are they selling and looking for draft capital for a Tua replacement? Tyreek is 30 and not happy with the Miami offense. Could it happen, sure. Will it happen, I don't know. A lot of variables in play on this one including Brett Veach. Still, if all the cards land correctly he could be a Chief again. Compensation would probably be multiple picks from day 2 and/or day 3. Hill has $19.2M in guaranteed money and $12.7M in SB.

2. Christian Kirk. The Jags are 1-5 & DP is on the hot seat. With how their schedule looks they could easily be 2-7 (Patriots, Packers, Eagles) at the trade deadline. Does Jacksonville want to blow it up and start thinking about next season? Kirk fits this offense because of DP as a Reid tree disciple. Kirk should be able to be up to speed on our O pretty quickly with similar concepts. Kirk is 24/39 for 296 yards and a TD. Not sure what the trade compensation would be but at 27 years old I wouldn't be opposed to giving up our 3rd from the Sneed trade for him. Kirk currently has $1M guaranteed with $7.8M SB this year and next with $0 guaranteed next year.

3. DeAndre Hopkins. The Titans too are also a mess at 1-4 and circling the drain. 2-6 could be a real possibility before the trade deadline (Buffalo, Detroit, New England). Levis was 16/27 for 95 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT today. Hopkins would be good because he is a seasoned veteran and still has lots left in the tank and most likely has the ability to pick up the offense fairly quickly. I think he is hungry for a ring and would be a good addition to Worthy/JJSS/Hardman/Watson. He is 14/20 for 175 yards and a TD on a terrible Titans team. Compensation for Hopkins should be fairly palatable possibly a 5th rounder. Hopkins currently has $4.4M Guaranteed and $1.9M SB with other built in bonuses (Workout $250,000 and "other" $2.3M)

4. Amari Cooper. The Browns too are literally a brown paper bag of poo on fire in front of an old mans home (1-5). Their next three before the trade deadline are Bengals, Ravens and Chargers, they could easily be 1-8 by that time. It's plainly obvious Cooper doesn't want to be in Cleveland anymore and is making "business decisions". Coopers restructure deal with the Browns, basically converting all of his salary to a signing bonus, makes a deal more friendly for the Chiefs. They could pay him the vet minimum and Cooper would most likely be okay with that. Cooper like Hopkins is a seasoned vet and could most likely pick up the offense faster than a younger WR. He is 24/53 for 250 yards and 2 TDs. Asking compensation has been rumored to be an early day three pick or better. $1.2M guaranteed.

5. Demarcus Robinson. I'm sure there will be a lot of laughing at this one. The Rams are a bad team (1-4) and looking like they could be 2-6 by the trade deadline (Raiders, Vikings, Seahawks). Robinson has familiarity with the Chiefs offense and really thrived with the Chiefs as a #3 when he had Hill and Watkins around him. Juju and Worthy could be the type of receivers that help him be a solid #3 and in turn elevate Juju and Worthy. He is 12/23 189 yards 1 TD. Compensation could be as simple as Moore for Robinson and a pick swap. At the most a late day 3 draft pick. Robinson currently has $2.5M guaranteed and $1.5M SB.

I put all of those stats up to show you where are are production wise with our current WR's. All of the above except for Robinson are #1 or #2 WR's on their team.

Worthy - 12/21 179 yards 2 TD's
JJSS - 9/12 147 yards 1 TD
Watson - 6/8 87 yards
Hardman - 4/4 33 yards
Moore - 0/2 0 yards

The RB room got stronger with bringing back Hunt. I love Pacheco but he lacks vision in the running game sometimes. I forgot what having a RB that can see the seams in the blocking is like. Hunt just has good vision. He can routinely get between 4-7 yards per attempt. I heard a stat watching sports talk the other day -- Hunt rushed for 27 attempts in the win over the Saints. That was the most attempts he has had in a game since the last time he was with the Chiefs. Hunt truly will be the next Marcus Allen...able to play well into his mid-30's because he never carried a full work load in Cleveland. Once Pacheco returns the combination of him and Hunt will make our running game very dangerous. I could also see Steele used as trade bait for one of the above WR's knowing we have Pacheco coming back and Hunt/Perine carrying the workload.

Offensive Line looks amazing. The tackles are improving, Morris really has stepped up since winning the job back. Taylor still has bad plays with false starts and holding calls but they are significantly less than last year. What else needs to be said about Thuney, Humphrey and Smith.

Defense - as a whole still looks great. Even with the loss of Gay and Sneed Spags just knows how to put guys in the right spots at the right time. There isn't a whole lot to say about the Defense other than they are going to save our bacon again this year while the offense figures it out.
[Reply]
KC-TBB 08:10 PM Yesterday
great assessment! Chetah would be awesome to bring back if financially possible.
[Reply]
TLO 08:11 PM Yesterday
I think you have to get creative with the salary cap to make most of those guys fit.

Cooper is probably the only legit possibility.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think you have to get creative with the salary cap to make most of those guys fit.

Cooper is probably the only legit possibility.
Didn't even think about salary cap - lemme do a follow up.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:27 PM Yesterday
I think if there is any chance to snag Christian Kirk, they have to try and make it work. He's right in the wheelhouse of what Veach and Reid want at that position.

That said, we'll probably be lucky to get Cooper or D-Rob.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:41 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think if there is any chance to snag Christian Kirk, they have to try and make it work. He's right in the wheelhouse of what Veach and Reid want at that position.

That said, we'll probably be lucky to get Cooper or D-Rob.
I'd be over the moon for Kirk - but not disappointed with Cooper or Robinson. Robinson is my least favorite on that list simply because he is a role player and not a difference maker. Maybe I'm being selfish but I really wanna see us hang 30 on people again. With this defense we would be a juggernaut. But Robinson could be an affordable piece that makes our offense more in rhythm.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I'd be over the moon for Kirk - but not disappointed with Cooper or Robinson. Robinson is my least favorite on that list simply because he is a role player and not a difference maker. Maybe I'm being selfish but I really wanna see us hang 30 on people again. With this defense we would be a juggernaut. But Robinson could be an affordable piece that makes our offense more in rhythm.
For sure; I wasn't trying to sound down about JUST getting either of those guys.

And I'd love to have Tyreek the player back in this offense, but I don't want Tyreek the dumpster fire around any longer. If we're going after a high dollar Dolphins receiver, give me Waddle.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:51 PM Yesterday
The only way I'd be interested in DRob is as a +1. As in, Cooper/DHop/Kirk plus DRob. Otherwise, nah. Though when you look at last game's boxscore, DRob would be a better option than Mecole, who was our second most effective WR behind JJSS. But still, nah.

Of Cooper/DHop/Kirk, any will do, but I'd have to guess that Amari or Kirk would be the most realistic options.
[Reply]
DenverChief 08:55 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The only way I'd be interested in DRob is as a +1. As in, Cooper/DHop/Kirk plus DRob. Otherwise, nah. Though when you look at last game's boxscore, DRob would be a better option than Mecole, who was our second most effective WR behind JJSS. But still, nah.

Of Cooper/DHop/Kirk, any will do, but I'd have to guess that Amari or Kirk would be the most realistic options.
I agree he is my least favorite option. But he was solid in 19 & 20 with Hill and Watkins soaking up other teams top defenders.

2019 - 32/55 449 yards 4 TDs
2020 - 45/59 466 yards 3 TDs
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I agree he is my least favorite option. But he was solid in 19 & 20 with Hill and Watkins soaking up other teams top defenders.

2019 - 32/55 449 yards 4 TDs
2020 - 45/59 466 yards 3 TDs

Oh yeah, you don't have to sell me on DRob. I started checking on him a couple seasons ago when our WR room was busy shitting their pants mid-season. And last season.

I would much rather have him back than see Skyy/Ross/JWat ever play another snap for the Chiefs. Just saying, he doesn't really move the needle, imo. We need one of those other guys for the threepeat. DRob would just solve the issue of whether we ever have to throw another ball at Skyy.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:07 PM Yesterday
Stop with the Hill stuff. No way that would happen.
[Reply]
DenverChief 09:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Stop with the Hill stuff. No way that would happen.
All I said was that it would make sense. I let the reader decide on the pros/cons and the possibilities. Devante Adams, Robert Woods and Tee Higgins wouldn't make sense.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 PM Yesterday
Im gonna hold out hope that the chiefs were waiting for certain seasons to be officially over. Browns season seemed over before today. It is officially over as of this afternoon. They would be dumb as hell not to move Amari. At this point Watson is such a disaster I think their play is just to make him as miserable as possible the next 2 years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:20 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Im gonna hold out hope that the chiefs were waiting for certain seasons to be officially over. Browns season seemed over before today. It is officially over as of this afternoon. They would be dumb as hell not to move Amari. At this point Watson is such a disaster I think their play is just to make him as miserable as possible the next 2 years.

Maybe they're hoping Watson retires? Would they have to pay him in that event?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe they're hoping Watson retires? Would they have to pay him in that event?
I’ve always wondered what goes through these guys heads and does it ever reach a point where a player is so embarrassed that they just quit. Like what pioli did to Haley. The orioles did this to Chris Davis and he just kept going out there, playing historically bad baseball and collecting his check.

I think the only out they have left is for him to get suspended (which unguarantees some of his money - that’s new to this year) or if he gets implicated in some accusation or crime outside of what the browns knew about before signing him.

His body language is very very bad. He went from not giving a shit to now being completely toxic. It’s gotten to the point where Cleveland is getting tons of pressure to bench a $230m qb to avoid mutiny. So if you’re in that stage, why not just wave the white flag and start stockpiling picks. Either make his life hell and surround him with shit or just give the ball to jameis so at least the fans can have a little fun while they suck it up
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up