ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kansas City International Airport Ranks #3 Large Airport In Annual J.D. Power Airport
|Zach| 07:26 AM Yesterday
https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...sfaction-study

Airport Ranks #3 Large Airport In Annual J.D. Power Airport Customer Satisfaction Study

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City International Airport (MCI) ranked number three in the Large Airport category in overall customer satisfaction among North American airports in the 2024 J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction Study

This achievement comes months after the first birthday of the $1.5 billion 40-gate terminal, which opened on February 28, 2023. The 2024 study period evaluated a full year of operations in the new terminal. The 2023 study period overlapped both the old terminals’ and new terminal’s operations.

“The Kansas City International Airport is not just the front door to our community—it’s also now officially one of our nation’s finest airports. I am proud the new terminal is now recognized nationally as one of the best for our innovation, wide variety of amenities, and positive flyer experience. We built the new terminal with intentionality and all travelers in mind, whether you’re traveling with family, for business, solo, or anywhere in between,” said Mayor Lucas. “I applaud our Director of Aviation Melissa Cooper and the rest of our staff working to ensure KCI is the most efficient and comfortable place to travel in and out of. As we continue to grow and improve, KCI will remain an exciting gateway for opportunity and a symbol of Kansas City’s bright future.”

“Kansas City continues to reach new highs, and it is fantastic for the airport to receive a high customer service ranking from customers outside the KC area,” said City Manager Brian Platt. “I am proud of our airport, proud of the Aviation Department team and proud of Kansas City!”

“Since opening, the terminal has welcomed record numbers of passengers, received new or expanded air service and received dozens of awards and accolades,” said Aviation Director Melissa Cooper. “Our team designed and built the terminal with the customer in mind, and this direct customer input validates that effort. We are not resting on our laurels. We continue to adjust and improve facilities and services. That will not stop.”

The J.D. Power North America Airport Satisfaction Study measures overall traveler satisfaction with mega, large and medium North American airports by examining six factors (in order of importance): terminal facilities; airport arrival/departure; baggage claim; security check; check-in/baggage check; and food, beverage and retail. Mega airports are defined as those with 33 million or more passengers per year; large airports with 10 to 32.9 million passengers per year; and medium airports with 4.5 to 9.9 million passengers per year. MCI welcomed 11.5 million passengers in 2023.

The study is based on more than 20,000 completed surveys from U.S. or Canadian residents who traveled through at least one U.S. or Canadian airport and covers both departure and arrival experiences (including connecting airports) during the past 30 days. Travelers evaluated either a departing or arriving airport from their round-trip experience.

[Reply]
Why Not? 07:27 AM Yesterday
Our airport used to suck. Now it rules.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:45 AM Yesterday
Like the new airport but large it's not. Not even close to large.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:57 AM Yesterday
The best parts of the city are north of the river! Truly blessed to live so close to an award winning airport with inspiring artwork
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:03 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Based on number of passengers per year, not actual size.

One could assume actual size though... like if you said one of scho's whores had 700 passengers per year, you could make assumptions about the size of the hangar.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:11 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Sure, it's not a hub airport but for what it is it's more than decent.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:12 AM Yesterday
It’s funny going to other airports in places like San Diego now and thinking it looks old and out of date. I think they are actually getting a new terminal though.
[Reply]
Seanathon 08:15 AM Yesterday
Without being negative, I'm thrilled our city has put forth the effort and finances to create a new airport. There's a ton of progressive things about it, but there is a ton of opportunity for improvement. I'm curious how these things are scored. If they are based on Art, DEI, and progressive things, yes they are knocking it out of the park. If they are basing it on KPIs, staffing, maintenance, and logistics, then I don't think we're hitting the mark very well. Mind you, I'm happy its not a stone aged relic, but I don't think we've done anything that merits a ton of exposure on the tangible items.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:16 AM Yesterday
Much improved facility for sure.
I especially appreciate the REAL wood used in the ceiling applications. Clear Vertical Grain Hemlock.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:17 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Seanathon:
Without being negative, I'm thrilled our city has put forth the effort and finances to create a new airport. There's a ton of progressive things about it, but there is a ton of opportunity for improvement. I'm curious how these things are scored. If they are based on Art, DEI, and progressive things, yes they are knocking it out of the park. If they are basing it on KPIs, staffing, maintenance, and logistics, then I don't think we're hitting the mark very well. Mind you, I'm happy its not a stone aged relic, but I don't think we've done anything that merits a ton of exposure on the tangible items.
It would have taken 5 seconds to simply read the text. The absolute brain rot it takes to not look at what is in front of you can go on some rant about progressives lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:18 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Seanathon:
Really? Granted, I fly maybe twice a year, but every time I've been through MCI since the terminal open it's been nothing but smooth sailing. Twice I've gone from entering the airport to through TSA in less than 20 minutes, and that was with checking bags.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:20 AM Yesterday
Hell, the only thing that's ever held me up was an incredibly long baggage check line, and that would seem like more of an airline staffing problem than the airport.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:42 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Really? Granted, I fly maybe twice a year, but every time I've been through MCI since the terminal open it's been nothing but smooth sailing. Twice I've gone from entering the airport to through TSA in less than 20 minutes, and that was with checking bags.
It's hard to enjoy the airport when you can't see straight due to the blinding rage of gender neutral bathrooms!!!
[Reply]
New World Order 08:52 AM Yesterday
The only thing bad about our new airport is leaving when it’s busy.

Traffic is way too big of a mess when it’s busy.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:59 AM Yesterday
:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up