ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa
Tell him the truth now 8 19.05%
Give him one last Christmas with Santa 29 69.05%
Gaz (yes, I'm old school CP) 5 11.90%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is my kiddo too old for Santa?
luv 08:51 AM Today
My kiddo is 8 (hard to believe, right?) and in 3rd grade. I feel like we could get by with the Santa thing one more Christmas, but I don't want to be the parent taking the big kid to see Santa, ya know?

Our Santa tradition includes:
Going to see him
Me sending a letter from Santa with a Certificate of Nice List shortly after visit
Leaving milk and cookies with a thank you note Christmas Eve
Having one Santa gift Christmas morning (the one thing he asked for, which is never too expensive or too cheap)

What do you think? Tell him the truth now or give him one last Christmas with Santa?
[Reply]
Dante84 08:52 AM Today
Heck no! Blast that at full volume!!

[Reply]
threebag 08:55 AM Today
I let mine go as long as they could believing in Santa. I never changed my game. I still push the Santa is real card, only now I express it as “The Spirit of Santa”. I even have my grands write me a list as a “Letter to Santa”

Some of us still have Hobo Spirit 22
[Reply]
LoneWolf 08:56 AM Today
I'd let your kid believe in Santa until he brings it up and starts asking questions. Nothing wrong with holding onto the magical side of the Christmas season for a little while longer.
[Reply]
loochy 08:56 AM Today
Leave it up to him, not up to you. If he still wants to do it and he still likes it, then go for it.
[Reply]
luv 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by threebag:
I let mine go as long as they could believing in Santa. I still push the Santa is real card, only now I express it as “The Spirit of Santa”.

Some of us still have Hobo Spirit 22
Yeah, we plan to go from "real person" Santa to it being our responsibility to keep that spirit alive by doing good deeds and treating others with kindness.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:59 AM Today
My daughter "believed" in Santa even after she knew he was not real. She just kept playing along for her little brother, but I think she also just flat out enjoyed the magic.

Santa Claus is not really a lie, it's more like a game. Let them play as long as they want.
[Reply]
threebag 08:59 AM Today
I mean hell, if boys can play girls, girls can play boys and people can be fucking cats and shit… I can play Santa :-)
[Reply]
threebag 09:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by luv:
Yeah, we plan to go from "real person" Santa to it being our responsibility to keep that spirit alive by doing good deeds and treating others with kindness.
Yeah, I’m a holiday guy. I like to go all out and share every holiday with everyone. I do King Size Candy bars for Halloween with a handful of trinket shit I buy off Amazon (spiders, eyeballs and shit). Dress Red, White and Blue for Independence Day. I try to cover them all. I also decorate overboard for Halloween, it’s my favorite.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 AM Today
Eh - my oldest is 10. I think she knows but won't admit it and definitely plays along for the twins' sake.

I'm not gonna force the issue. There's nothing to gain by it.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:06 AM Today
My son is about to turn 11 and though I think he is beginning to figure it out, he still believes. He is in the 5th grade this year. After this year we are going to tell him if he doesn't already know.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:07 AM Today
WAIT, WHAT?!?!
[Reply]
Womble 09:07 AM Today
Apparently when I was 7 there was a parents meeting called because one of the kids in my class spoilt Santa for everyone and some of the parents were PISSED.

Was probably a much better time to be a parent. Nowadays your kid comes home from school and you're hoping they aren't going to tell you that they want to change gender.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I'd let your kid believe in Santa until he brings it up and starts asking questions. Nothing wrong with holding onto the magical side of the Christmas season for a little while longer.
This is exactly what we did with our 4 kids. Eventually, they either start asking questions & figure it out on their own, or someone at school says something. It's kind of a running joke in the house now - but we STILL do a "Santa" present for them in the morning.... kids are 25, 19, 18, & 16.

Because I enjoy Christmas, I've always said let the kids hold onto the magic as long as possible.
[Reply]
threebag 09:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Womble:
Apparently when I was 7 there was a parents meeting called because one of the kids in my class spoilt Santa for everyone and some of the parents were PISSED.

Was probably a much better time to be a parent. Nowadays your kid comes home from school and you're hoping they aren't going to tell you that they want to change gender.
I would tell my children “Stop believing in Santa and see what happens”. I think they still believe into their Mid Thirties when it comes to Christmas gifts :-) it’s always a laugh every year and something that I hope they carry on with their children.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up