ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sounds like Wanya Morris is our LT going forward
wazu 11:12 AM Today

#Chiefs HC Andy Reid on Wanya Morris' starting debut for the season:

"I thought Wanya did some good things in there. We'll probably stick with that same thing."

Looks like the second-year man will start again on Sunday against LAC.

— Jordan Foote (@footenoted) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:14 AM Today
Looked good
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 AM Today
As he should for now.

Kingsley will have another shot eventually, somehow or another, and he needs to get his technique right in the meantime. Just like Wanya's looked better.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:16 AM Today
Wanya did fine yesterday. But was it just me or did we provide a lot more help to wanya than we did Kingsley? Which doesn’t make much sense
[Reply]
scho63 11:20 AM Today
Atlanta's edge rush is not elite.

He didn't have to face Hendrickson
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:21 AM Today
Kingsley looked fine in week one. Wanya looked fine yesterday. Kingsley looked bad in week two. The opposition should get some credit here. Hendrickson is a better pass rusher than the other two opponents had. I thought Kingsley should have started yesterday to see how he does against a different pass rusher. I don't have a problem with Wanya starting though. He needs more reps also.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wanya did fine yesterday. But was it just me or did we provide a lot more help to wanya than we did Kingsley? Which doesn’t make much sense
Hopefully they continue providing the chip help, no matter which guy is playing LT.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Kingsley looked fine in week one. Wanya looked fine yesterday. Kingsley looked bad in week two. The opposition should get some credit here. Hendrickson is a better pass rusher than the other two opponents had. I thought Kingsley should have started yesterday to see how he does against a different pass rusher. I don't have a problem with Wanya starting though. He needs more reps also.

I agree.

I would prefer to see Kingsley eventually be the franchise LT because he’s got better size and physical attributes, but I won’t pooh-pooh what Wanya does if he’s the best man for the job.

I just want the damn position secured. No more OBJ trades and Donovan Smiths. We’ve invested the equivalent of 2 2nds and a 3rd at one tackle spot since 2021.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 11:53 AM Today
I was much relieved to notice it seemed PM15 wasn't running for his life last game unlike the Bengals game, hopefully that will help with some peace of mind/confidence in the OLine he will stay in his reads and hit open guys down the field, versus the checkdown stuff to the sides. I do realize the Bengals guy was one of the best in the League, let's see how Wanya does against similar caliber players, hopefully great! Kingsley will fit in somewhere. Also, Wanya has had a full year plus full postseason of practice experience against top caliber Chief defenders, on top of more NFL games, that Kingsley doesn't have in order to help the learning.
[Reply]
Balto 11:54 AM Today
Could see Morris stick at LT and could see Kingsley replacing Taylor at some point.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Balto:
Could see Morris stick at LT and could see Kingsley replacing Taylor at some point.
If Wanya is a competent LT and Kingsley is RTOFT, that isn’t the worst situation.

Taylor has been really good this year, and being able to get younger/cheaper instead of extending him when due would be great.

Maybe one or the other could even kick inside to guard when it makes sense to move on from Thuney or Smith.

Both being competent NFL offensive linemen would be great.
[Reply]
srvy 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't think so. I think Perine and Steele are better at chip blocking than Pops.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Hopefully they continue providing the chip help, no matter which guy is playing LT.
I wonder if this is how we look at it. Maybe wanya today is a better option with chip help. It’s a good option right now. But maybe not the best sign that a few years into his career he still needs it.

And Kingsley is our best option who can one day soon protect with less help.
[Reply]
GordonGekko 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
I don't think so. I think Perine and Steele are better at chip blocking than Pops.
Steele I think is an excellent blocker, at least from what I could tell, he's a big strong mofo
[Reply]
wazu 12:02 PM Today
FYI for those saying Wanya didn't have to face Troy Hendrickson, he did last week. Mitchell Schwartz did a good breakdown of it.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up