ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee: See you in 10-12 months
OnTheWarpath15 01:11 PM 10-14-2024
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-injured-knee

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Rashee Rice had posterolateral corner surgery on his injured right knee, Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said on Monday.

The timeframe for Rice's return is similar to if he had reconstructive ACL surgery, Reid said. Ten to 12 months is generally considered a realistic return time after ACL surgery.

"It takes a while for that to come back,'' Reid said. "He'll get into his rehab and get rolling on that as we go here.''

Rice was injured in a Week 4 game against the Los Angeles Chargers when quarterback Patrick Mahomes accidentally collided with his knee while the two were chasing a fumble that followed an interception.

Rice entered the Week 4 games leading the NFL in receptions with 24. He was second in yards with 288.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:13 PM 10-14-2024
Wtf. I was led to believe this was more of a 4-6 month thing...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:15 PM 10-14-2024
Interesting. I know nobody wants to bring the suspension thing up. But if (and it’s an if) he is to be suspended it makes more sense from the nfls standpoint to suspend him beginning of next year. By then it will have played out in court and the nfl doesn’t look like they’re dodging him missing games by suspending him this season for games where he’s not available to play. All the while the chiefs can be more conservative about his return timeline. The return timeline actually makes this scenario not the worst in the world
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:15 PM 10-14-2024
Fuck. :-)

Originally Posted by carcosa:
Wtf. I was led to believe this was more of a 4-6 month thing...
Can't trust shit on social media these days with a million twitter docs watching a replay and acting like that's enough for a detailed diagnosis and treatment plan.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:19 PM 10-14-2024
The fourpeat will be more difficult without him.
[Reply]
Womble 01:19 PM 10-14-2024
Time to get his legal shit out of the way pronto then.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:21 PM 10-14-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Interesting. I know nobody wants to bring the suspension thing up. But if (and it’s an if) he is to be suspended it makes more sense from the nfls standpoint to suspend him beginning of next year. By then it will have played out in court and the nfl doesn’t look like they’re dodging him missing games by suspending him this season for games where he’s not available to play. All the while the chiefs can be more conservative about his return timeline. The return timeline actually makes this scenario not the worst in the world
It will suck if the NFL waits until he is healthy to slap the suspension on him. That would mean he's potentially gone until Week 10 or later of the 2025 season.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:24 PM 10-14-2024
I wouldn't read too much into that. "Similar" means what exactly? We knew he want going to be back this year already.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:25 PM 10-14-2024
To be fair, Andy didn't put a timeline on it - that's Teicher's doing. But yeah, it's probably best to move on this year and plan to have him back next.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:31 PM 10-14-2024
God damnit.

Hard to be mad at Patrick for anything after all he's done for us but the blame for this is squarely on him.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:33 PM 10-14-2024
Veach, it’s your move.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:34 PM 10-14-2024
Ideally the Chiefs will trade for a WR who they can retain for next season as well.

Because Rashee will not be available to start next season… injury recovery/suspension.

And Hollywood is just on a one year deal… not certain he’ll be back.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:35 PM 10-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
God damnit.

Hard to be mad at Patrick for anything after all he's done for us but the blame for this is squarely on him.
On the flip side, Rice is lucky to not be dead or in jail right now with the accident he created on that Dallas freeway. If the worst case scenario for him right now is missing a year and a half of football, that's not too bad considering how fortunate he was to avoid a horrible tragedy in the car accident.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:40 PM 10-14-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Why not suspend him immediately? I honestly don't see the downside.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:51 PM 10-14-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why not suspend him immediately? I honestly don't see the downside.
Because if you suspend him he cannot have any contact with the team whatsoever. Meaning the Chiefs would have zero input on his rehabilitation.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up