ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Orioles
cmh6476 10:53 AM Today
Them O's ain't Royal
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:55 AM Today
a better matchup than houston in my opinion.

Houston is pretty hot (and experienced), and Baltimore struggled the last month or so of the season (like us).

F the MLB for all day games though.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:55 AM Today
Still some tickets left for tomorrow's game

https://mlb.tickets.com/?agency=MLB_...yVoucher=false
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
a better matchup than houston in my opinion.

Houston is pretty hot (and experienced), and Baltimore struggled the last month or so of the season (like us).

F the MLB for all day games though.
No sh1t I have some conflicts that will be tough to dodge.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 10:59 AM Today
Their ballpark is more of what scares me.
In Kauffman I’d feel better but that crackerjack box hurts our advantage with our good starting pitching. Their bullpen is bad and that could help in late innings. They have some good young hitters, and really their lineup is pretty deep but after their number 1 pitcher it gets pretty weak. Beat Corbin game one and it sure looks damn good.
[Reply]
YayMike 11:09 AM Today
On the other side here, This is revenge for us from 2014. This series literally comes down to whose bullpen fucks up more.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:36 AM Today
Baltimore fans will be pretty salty since the Royals beat them in the ALCS 10 years ago and the Chiefs beat the Ravens in the AFCCG last year, not to mention beating them in week 1 this year.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:40 AM Today
Burnes is a problem but we can’t hit anyone lately so it kinda washes out. We’d have to win a 2-1 type game anyway. Their lineup is full of dudes who can hit the ball 800ft if you make a mistake, but aren’t great at much else. Probably the best draw we could’ve asked for even though I’m not expecting much.
[Reply]
YayMike 11:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Baltimore fans will be pretty salty since the Royals beat them in the ALCS 10 years ago and the Chiefs beat the Ravens in the AFCCG last year, not to mention beating them in week 1 this year.
We care much more about 2014. As a chiefs fan, I got shit for like a week after the AFCCG, and a week after week 1.

As an Orioles fan…. We talk about 2014 all the time. We got our asses kicked. Plain and simple. It hurts… even to this day. The better team won, and it wasn’t close. This year , we hope that since we are healthy, we can get past the Royals .
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:41 AM Today
Spoiler!

[Reply]
PHOG 11:43 AM Today
I think this was the best match up, after seeing what Houston did to us back around the start of the month. 4 games, swept us. But as much as I want the win, anything right now is gravy as far as the season goes. LFG!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:44 AM Today
7 Nation army sucks. O O O O O Os. I feel for your ear drums.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by YayMike:
We care much more about 2014. As a chiefs fan, I got shit for like a week after the AFCCG, and a week after week 1.

As an Orioles fan…. We talk about 2014 all the time. We got our asses kicked. Plain and simple. It hurts… even to this day. The better team won, and it wasn’t close. This year , we hope that since we are healthy, we can get past the Royals .
The thing is, it really was close. The Orioles may have gotten swept, but the games themselves were close. IIRC, there was an extra innings game in Baltimore, and at least one of the games in Baltimore was a 1-run game. Then the 2 games in KC were both 2-1 affairs. I could be wrong about those numbers, but I think they're right.

The series was 4-0, but the games were all tight.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:48 AM Today
As long as the Royals don’t completely humiliate themselves, I won’t be too upset with whatever happens.

If they manage to win a game (or maybe a series), that’s something to build on. This season is already so much more than I expected.

Hopefully, the team isn’t feeling much pressure. Just go out and play.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:50 AM Today
Hell of a pitching matchup for tomorrow. Orioles are lefty lineup which favors Camden Yards. Ragans should at least combat that some. Vinny is suppose to be back, which will help. Royals bullpen ironically has turned into a strength. Should be some good baseball.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up