ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When do you have enough weapons . . .
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:30 AM 07-03-2024
. . . or does it ultimately boil down to "Is your quarterback good enough?"

I see the Bills fans trying to argue that Josh Allen would be good enough to be Patrick Mahomes if he "only had more weapons."

Now, the Ravens fans are making the same excuses. But Mark Schlereth isn't buying in. . .

Have the Ravens not given Lamar Jackson enough offensive weapons? Former Super Bowl champion calls 'bulls---'

The excuses are running thin for Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens in the eyes of three-time Super Bowl champion Mark Schlereth. The former Broncos great turned NFL analyst recently put Jackson in the crosshairs, specifically dismissing the idea that the Ravens have not given him weapons throughout his career.

While highlighting how many weapons the Ravens have brought in throughout Jackson's tenure, he also noted that it's on the two-time NFL MVP to help develop those players into viable contributors.

"I do not want to hear from all of you out there that are telling me that Lamar Jackson, 'Well, they don't get him weapons,'" Schlereth said on The Stinkin Truth podcast.

Rest of article hidden
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:37 AM 07-03-2024
I dont think you can ever have "enough" weapons. Players get hurt, step back from last years performance etc. But, no team has "enough" weapons.

Veach has it about right. Draft a possible WR starter in the 1st round. Fill in with contributors and older WR's that want a ring and willing to take less money as a FA to get their stock up. Some with experience in the NFL but not top shelf NFL talent.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:41 AM 07-03-2024
Coleman is going to be a stud. Watch.
[Reply]
JimNasium 10:45 AM 07-03-2024

[Reply]
mabbott 10:48 AM 07-03-2024
You should never stop trying to improve. Always look for more as long as the player fits the team. This team has been successful because of chemistry, and they play as a team. If you can add to the talent and maintain the chemistry, then you make the move. If you are improving each year, adding complimentary pieces make the process easier.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:52 AM 07-03-2024
I think though, we've seen over the years, no matter how many "weapons" you have, if you have a mediocre QB, it's almost always going to end badly come the playoffs.

Eventually, Hurts, Jackson, Allen, Purdy have to step up and elevate their team or it's going to be "Well, if only we'd gotten them more weapons . . .". No, how about your QB using the weapons they have and make them better?

*sigh*

Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I dont think you can ever have "enough" weapons. Players get hurt, step back from last years performance etc. But, no team has "enough" weapons.

Veach has it about right. Draft a possible WR starter in the 1st round. Fill in with contributors and older WR's that want a ring and willing to take less money as a FA to get their stock up. Some with experience in the NFL but not top shelf NFL talent.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:56 AM 07-03-2024
When you can't close the door on your 3rd gun safe.
[Reply]
KCJake 11:03 AM 07-03-2024
Lamar doesn't have what it takes to win in big games. Regardless of the talent he has around him. Anyone that has some football knowledge and is being honest with themselves will tell you this.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:04 AM 07-03-2024

[Reply]
New World Order 11:09 AM 07-03-2024
Alex just needs more weapons
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:12 AM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Alex just needs more weapons
ONE MORE YEAR! That Mariota game was a fluke!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:15 AM 07-03-2024
Lamar looked like Mahomes 2nd half in 2021 AFCCG against us in the 2nd half last year.

He went full retard
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:20 AM 07-03-2024
They can have our tight end when they pry him out of my cold dead fingers.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:36 PM 07-03-2024
I can see the excuses down the road...if only (Burrows, Allen, Jackson, Trevor, Herbert) didn't have to play in the shallow of Mahomes think how great they would be.
[Reply]
scho63 12:43 PM 07-03-2024
Never
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up