ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Youtube ads
HayWire 05:10 PM 07-06-2024
I watch a ton of youtube. Heroes ads all over the damn place. Bout 3 months ago all of the ads disappeared. None zero zilch. Not sure why but I enjoyed the hell out of it. But 2 days ago they all came back. Ad before video, during video.

Nothing changed when they went away and came back.

No youtube subscription. Roku TV. Anybody know what the hell is going on and why they disappeared and then came back?

Sorry mods, should have put in the subforum but didn't know if it would get seen.

No, I didn't type this on my phone :-)
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:45 PM 07-06-2024
I really try to stay away from monthly charges...,

But if there is a service that you use a ton and a monthly charge gets you out if adds...,

There is no way I would watch as much YouTube as I do, if I didn't have a subscription. You still can't get away from the paid promotions inside of a video, but at least you can advance the slider bar.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:00 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I really try to stay away from monthly charges...,

But if there is a service that you use a ton and a monthly charge gets you out if adds...,

There is no way I would watch as much YouTube as I do, if I didn't have a subscription. You still can't get away from the paid promotions inside of a video, but at least you can advance the slider bar.
I might subscribe. I was just curious why they disappeared and then came back
[Reply]
DaFace 06:06 PM 07-06-2024
YouTube runs a lot of A/B tests to optimize their ad strategy. My guess is you just got put into a test group for a bit.

But +1 on the value of YT Premium. That'll be the last subscription I ever give up.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:17 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I watch a ton of youtube. Heroes ads all over the damn place. Bout 3 months ago all of the ads disappeared. None zero zilch. Not sure why but I enjoyed the hell out of it. But 2 days ago they all came back. Ad before video, during video.

Nothing changed when they went away and came back.

No youtube subscription. Roku TV. Anybody know what the hell is going on and why they disappeared and then came back?

Sorry mods, should have put in the subforum but didn't know if it would get seen.

No, I didn't type this on my phone :-)
I pay YouTube $5 a month to not watch commercials. Well spent money.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:20 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
YouTube runs a lot of A/B tests to optimize their ad strategy. My guess is you just got put into a test group for a bit.

But +1 on the value of YT Premium. That'll be the last subscription I ever give up.
yep, that’ll be the last one I give up too. Money well spent. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:23 PM 07-06-2024
Watching YouTube on someone else's profile and they still have ads is such a jarring experience.

No ad YouTube is by far the best subscription I have. Especially since I'm grandfathered into their original price. And I get YouTube music music with it.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:24 PM 07-06-2024
Thanks...I was just confused by it. I got used to it now so Ill end up paying. Wonder if that was intentional to get more subscribers
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:30 PM 07-06-2024
I might subscribe. I was just curious why they disappeared and then came back
I also pay for no commercials on YouTube TV. They have been having problems with ads appearing despite paying them for no commercials. Sometimes they show up like you must watch the commercials but you can fast forward through them.

YouTube TV and YouTube are growing so fast and globally that there is bound to be some hiccups.
[Reply]
dmahurin 06:37 PM 07-06-2024
YouTube premium is the best subscription I have. I watch YT more than anything else these days and I occasionally pull it up on my work computer to research something and watching the ads for even just a video or two is so obnoxious I can't stand it.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:44 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I pay YouTube $5 a month to not watch commercials. Well spent money.
You’re paying a lot more than that. Not judging, I have premium as well, but it’s like $15 a month.
[Reply]
HayWire 06:48 PM 07-06-2024
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You’re paying a lot more than that. Not judging, I have premium as well, but it’s like $15 a month.
Is that all that it is? I thought it was a lot more expensive

I'll use the money I'm saving from my cell to buy the subscription
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 PM 07-06-2024
shit, that may have been the trial month for $5.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:25 PM 07-06-2024
Is that all that it is? I thought it was a lot more expensive

I'll use the money I'm saving from my cell to buy the subscription
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
shit, that may have been the trial month for $5.
Absolutely worth it IMO
[Reply]
dmahurin 07:28 PM 07-06-2024
I pay 21 or 26 a month, can't remember for sure, for the family plan, we can have up to 5 Google accounts signed into it for premium access. 100% worth it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up