ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tips For Dealing With Poison Ivy
Easy 6 02:03 PM 07-07-2024
Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk :-)

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
[Reply]
HayWire 02:15 PM 07-07-2024
Don't get it. Problem solved. That will be $75 good sir. I take cash, check, or money order
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:21 PM 07-07-2024
Technu is pretty good soap that washes the oils off.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:22 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Don't get it. Problem solved. That will be $75 good sir. I take cash, check, or money order
Your check is in the mail...
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:23 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Technu is pretty good soap that washes the oils off.
Yeah I did a search for best remedies and that came up, but my CVS didn't have it
[Reply]
lewdog 02:24 PM 07-07-2024
Take a bath in tomato juice.

I think........
[Reply]
CatinKS 02:24 PM 07-07-2024
Repeating Soap and Water initially is the best treatment to rid of the oil. If continuing for a week, you might have some oil on some clothing, shoes etc...that causes it to recurred.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:29 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Take a bath in tomato juice.

I think........
Thats skunk spray medicine, heh

Originally Posted by CatinKS:
Repeating Soap and Water initially is the best treatment to rid of the oil. If continuing for a week, you might have some oil on some clothing, shoes etc...that causes it to recurred.
Oh believe me I'm already SO over washing my sheets, blanket and shorts every single day
[Reply]
HayWire 02:35 PM 07-07-2024
Calamine lotion is what we used when I was a kid. Haven't had that shit in years
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:36 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats skunk spray medicine, heh

Oh believe me I'm already SO over washing my sheets, blanket and shorts every single day
FUCK that dude. It's been prolly 35 years since I've had it.

I have nothing to add other than I'm sorry bud.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:36 PM 07-07-2024
Cut it all down and pile it up. Of course, make sure to protect your skin with heavy layering of clothes (wash thoroughly afterwards).

Then, burn it. Make sure you stay nearby at all times to ensure the fire doesn't spread.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:43 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by HayWire:
Calamine lotion is what we used when I was a kid. Haven't had that shit in years
That stuff has been absolutely worthless so far

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Cut it all down and pile it up. Of course, make sure to protect your skin with heavy layering of clothes (wash thoroughly afterwards).

Then, burn it. Make sure you stay nearby at all times to ensure the fire doesn't spread.
Don't have it in my yard, honestly not even sure where or how I came into contact with it... just wanna get it off ME
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:43 PM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Anyone have any good advice?

Been battling this shit for over a week, every time it starts looking/feeling like its going away it comes roaring right back... the more calamine lotion I put on it, the worse it seemingly gets

Even have this shit on my junk :-)

I'm considering scratching all of it wide open raw, then dousing it all with rubbing alcohol... but thats gonna burn like hell
Have your Dr. prescibe you a 7 day steroid pack.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:44 PM 07-07-2024
Prednisone will take care of it PDQ.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:45 PM 07-07-2024
Get a prescription for Prednisone from your doc. It will help clear that shit up quicker.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up