ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Annual SiriusXM Platinum Deal
TribalElder 04:24 PM 09-11-2024
I cancelled last month when the price went from 6 to 20 something

today got a letter in the mail for a new deal

2 cars & 2 app logins with platinum plan (nfl / mlb / all sports)

10 dollars a month for 12 months, then jumps to 33 (but you can cancel then)

https://www.siriusxm.com/mybundle10

enjoy!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:32 PM 09-11-2024
They do that every year. As soon as you get close to your subscription running out, call them and tell them you want to cancel unless you get the same rate and they'll always do it or sometimes even offer something better.
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:43 PM 09-11-2024
I actually had to cancel this year, they didn't offer me the same deal it was a lower tier than platinum

2 weeks after cancelling got the letter in the mail which lets me add another car and another streaming user for 4 more dollars a month
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:30 PM 09-11-2024
I would never pay more than 5 bucks a year period. Their product doesn't have a lot of value for me though.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:21 PM 09-11-2024
You can still squeeze them for $6-7 per month and that's not bad value if you're into any of the real niche stations; content that you can't get without some other streaming service or owning the physical media.

I'm a big Grateful Dead fan and their station is great listening for the hardcore fan. Awesome value without committing to owning a bunch of CDs.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:36 PM 09-11-2024
Was lucky enough to purchase the lifetime subscription back in 2006. Definitely money well spent. I think they stopped doing that now, but I’d imagine if you made them the right offer they would take anything. It’s not like it costs them anything to give you access.
[Reply]
Fish 09:56 PM 09-11-2024
$5/mo for 12 months Platinum

Car and via app

https://care.siriusxm.com/subscribe/...e=MLTMCP12FOR5
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:13 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by phisherman:
You can still squeeze them for $6-7 per month and that's not bad value if you're into any of the real niche stations; content that you can't get without some other streaming service or owning the physical media.

I'm a big Grateful Dead fan and their station is great listening for the hardcore fan. Awesome value without committing to owning a bunch of CDs.
I have about 250 shows on a thumb drive that I just plug into my car and it's a mix of live albums, studio albums, and SBD shows and I just don't need SXM. Same thing for the Phish station. I like to listen to whole shows not pieces of shows. Sometimes they'll play a whole show. And now you know what the Garcia is in my username.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:16 PM 09-11-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Was lucky enough to purchase the lifetime subscription back in 2006. Definitely money well spent. I think they stopped doing that now, but I’d imagine if you made them the right offer they would take anything. It’s not like it costs them anything to give you access.
I get your point what it does technically cost them money to add subscribers.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 06:30 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I get your point what it does technically cost them money to add subscribers.
Zero.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:19 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Zero.
Customer acquisition is not a zero cost game. At a high level, systems have to be procured implemented and maintained to add and remove subscribers to their system, and human resources. It's in the millions of dollars per year and in the billions over time. It costs money dude.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 08:32 AM 09-12-2024
Don't get me started on Sirius. Ugh. Our various subscriptions all ran out and the Sirius people are on me like white on rice. Phone calls, text messages, letters, etc, etc, etc. Just leave me alone. I DO NOT WANT YOUR PRODUCT.....EVER.

Sorry, but I just despise their marketing model.....they give you 3 months "free" subscription with a new car and then WHAMMO with the deluge of marketing crap. Then, of course, each year you've gotta go through the "cancellation/resubscription" dance. I'd rather hear myself sing in the car than partner up with Sirius......and I can't sing worth crap.

Fini.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:58 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Don't get me started on Sirius. Ugh. Our various subscriptions all ran out and the Sirius people are on me like white on rice. Phone calls, text messages, letters, etc, etc, etc. Just leave me alone. I DO NOT WANT YOUR PRODUCT.....EVER.

Sorry, but I just despise their marketing model.....they give you 3 months "free" subscription with a new car and then WHAMMO with the deluge of marketing crap. Then, of course, each year you've gotta go through the "cancellation/resubscription" dance. I'd rather hear myself sing in the car than partner up with Sirius......and I can't sing worth crap.

Fini.
You can cancel now online without having to talk with anyone. Or at least you could when I cancelled my wife's subscription earlier this year.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:00 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I have about 250 shows on a thumb drive that I just plug into my car and it's a mix of live albums, studio albums, and SBD shows and I just don't need SXM. Same thing for the Phish station. I like to listen to whole shows not pieces of shows. Sometimes they'll play a whole show. And now you know what the Garcia is in my username.
Same here. And why "phish" is in my username. :-)

But we're outliers as far as putting effort into an alternative solution. At a certain point, I figured out, with both Phish and the Dead, what "eras" I liked and just loaded up thumb drives. Most folks I know that are fans feel that's a lot of effort when they can just turn on Channel 23 or Channel 29.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:07 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Right. You just have to negotiate with them.

It's worth it. They're NFL talk shows are way better than ESPNs in my opinion. Plenty of music channels as well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up