ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Debit card issue
Mr. Wizard 07:47 AM 09-15-2024
So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
[Reply]
wazu 07:49 AM 09-15-2024
Sorry to hear, that sounds pretty brutal. Do you live in a third world country?
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 07:53 AM 09-15-2024
Are you exceeding your daily purchasing limits? Debit cards, since tied to physical money accounts, have 2 daily purchasing limits. One is a VISA/MC limit and the other is an ATM limit (which also goes against any PIN based transaction as well).

Once you exceed these limits for a day (or long weekend or banking holiday), the card will decline until the next business day regardless of the amount of money in an account.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:56 AM 09-15-2024
Could just be a wonky chip. I've had a credit card like that. Request a replacement and see if that fixes it.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:57 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
Are you using the magnetic strip or are you using the chip? If you're using the chip are you tapping it or are you inserting? Does it happen at the same reader most of the time or is it a diverse set of point-of-sale readers?
[Reply]
JimNasium 07:59 AM 09-15-2024
Jungle Law.
[Reply]
scho63 08:07 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Security blocks.

Wells Fargo does it to me when I make an unusual and large purchase. Have to call to lift.
[Reply]
scho63 08:09 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Could just be a wonky chip. I've had a credit card like that. Request a replacement and see if that fixes it.
No, that reads as CHIP MALFUNCTION.

If you have a card that is used alot, the chip gets worn down and dirty. The card reader doesn't get full info.

A decline is a money or security issue.
[Reply]
scho63 08:11 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave:
Are you exceeding your daily purchasing limits? Debit cards, since tied to physical money accounts, have 2 daily purchasing limits. One is a VISA/MC limit and the other is an ATM limit (which also goes against any PIN based transaction as well).

Once you exceed these limits for a day (or long weekend or banking holiday), the card will decline until the next business day regardless of the amount of money in an account.
This too. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:11 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yes, SWKansas
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:14 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Vegas_Dave:

Did not know this and have used debit cards for years. Sometimes used one ten or more times a day.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:15 AM 09-15-2024
Send me your account number and I’ll check it out.. Happy to help..
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 08:33 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Send me your account number and I’ll check it out.. Happy to help..
OU812
[Reply]
TLO 08:35 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I always assumed he was from Australia.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 AM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
No, that reads as CHIP MALFUNCTION.

If you have a card that is used alot, the chip gets worn down and dirty. The card reader doesn't get full info.

A decline is a money or security issue.
Nah, mine was declining. Got a replacement, and no issues since.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up