ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs looking for a pass rusher?
O.city 07:26 AM 07-23-2024

Emmanuel Ogbah had interest elsewhere including from the Chiefs, per source, but returns back to Dolphins where he had 24.5 sacks in last 4 seasons in Miami.

Dolphins change in DC to Anthony Weaver should provide a better fit and more opportunities for Ogbah. https://t.co/iNOKj1xvJc

— Cameron Wolfe (@CameronWolfe) July 23, 2024

Not sure if any smoke here or no?
[Reply]
In58men 07:41 AM 07-23-2024
I thought he was pretty decent. Wonder what’s going with our guys.
[Reply]
In58men 07:42 AM 07-23-2024

This feels like possibly KC didn’t have the snaps available. Barring something going wrong, FAU & GK are your starters. Would he really want to be rotational with Mike Danna? Also, he would get further relegated once Omenihu comes back.

Safer to stay with Miami. I get it. https://t.co/ExaAw67dRq

— Claude Thompson (via trade from BUF) (@Th3Claude) July 23, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 07:46 AM 07-23-2024
They've got Karlaftis and Danna, with Danna being more of a move around solid player than a true DE I'd guess.

Then FAU and Omenihu coming back in December hopefully.

There's definitely some snaps available.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:46 AM 07-23-2024
I think he's ideal and a lot of people assumed we would be in on him but this is the first real smoke I've seen. I'd feel a lot better if we had him. As of now our pass rush is just like pass catchers last season. Chris Jones then the rest.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:48 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I think he's ideal and a lot of people assumed we would be in on him but this is the first real smoke I've seen. I'd feel a lot better if we had him. As of now our pass rush is just like pass catchers last season. Chris Jones then the rest.
Furious George says hi.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:54 AM 07-23-2024
You can never have enough pass rushers. Is B.J. Thompson fully participating in camp thus far? No lingering setbacks from his cardiac event? I still think he can make an impact if his health is not an issue.

I'd still like to see a veteran added because of Omenihu's situation, but I'll trust Brett Veach and Andy Reid because they have more Super Bowl titles than I have by quite a large number.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:01 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Furious George says hi.
Furious George is good, not elite. And if he goes down our best guy is Mike Danna who is the Justin Watson of our pass rush. Adding Ogba while Charles O is hurt will be like injecting JuJu into last years pass catchers.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:04 AM 07-23-2024
Furious George still has plenty of time to become elite though.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:09 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Furious George still has plenty of time to become elite though.
No doubt. I'm not putting him down. If we had an Ogba we could give a guy like George more rest. then let the rest rotate the other side until Charles is ready.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:19 AM 07-23-2024
Can never have enough good psh rushers. He would have been awesome depth
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 AM 07-23-2024
I'm sure we had interest, and it was a dollars decision.

You can never have enough pass rushers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 07-23-2024
I like the idea of giving FAU a shot at it early in the season while Omenihu is getting healthy.

I think we need to see what we have here and if we shelf him again behind someone like Dana, we're now 2 years into his rookie deal without any real understanding of what he can be. That puts us up against it a bit in terms of team-building as the 2025 draft roles around.

We need some clarity on what he could be. Now's a great time to start getting that.
[Reply]
O.city 08:59 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I like the idea of giving FAU a shot at it early in the season while Omenihu is getting healthy.

I think we need to see what we have here and if we shelf him again behind someone like Dana, we're now 2 years into his rookie deal without any real understanding of what he can be. That puts us up against it a bit in terms of team-building as the 2025 draft roles around.

We need some clarity on what he could be. Now's a great time to start getting that.
I don't think the Vet Rusher would be a hindrance to that as much as it woudl be keeping me from having to watch Malik herring
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM 07-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think the Vet Rusher would be a hindrance to that as much as it woudl be keeping me from having to watch Malik herring
And if that's the case, the Vet Rusher that you're gonna get is gonna be the guy that doesn't have a better option.

Ogbah evidently wasn't that guy.

If you're looking at a stop-gap pass rusher to be the guy that pushes your 5th DE off the roster, that guy's gonna have to be someone who doesn't think he has a better path to snaps somewhere else.

Rasheem Green might be kinda interesting and seems to fit a Spags mold well.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up