ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I didn't have "Niners defenders held up" on my bingo card
LagunaSWana 10:59 AM Today

Great escape by Mahomes ... but he has such an advantage because defenders are afraid to hit him full force as he tightropes the sideline. It's almost not fair.

— Skip Bayless (@RealSkipBayless) October 20, 2024

I'm not exaggerating here: I think this kind of rope a dope is garbage, especially when you whine the second you get nicked a half step out of bounds. QBs, when they scramble, should be treated as running backs. Period. https://t.co/hQhUWSJoqb

— Kevin Van Valkenburg (@KVanValkenburg) October 20, 2024

Watch everyone slow up because they dont want to hit a QB late who is going out of bounds. This is the like the fake slide, not some amazing athletic feat. https://t.co/e1EyEMFwml

— Brian Peacock (@BDPeacock) October 20, 2024

It's like these low FBIQ morons didn't even watch the play.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:01 AM Today
That Kevin Van Valkenburg guy is a Ravens fan btw

Mahomes has destroyed their psyches.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:04 AM Today
Eh, I kind of felt the same. Sure, it was a good play by Mahomes, but he's going to get lit the fuck up if he does that again
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:05 AM Today
Yeah let's also talk about the smack in the head Mahomes got with no penalty while we're at it.

Doesn't take much to push somebody off balance so they step out of bounds. Which is, still your job.
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Eh, I kind of felt the same. Sure, it was a good play by Mahomes, but he's going to get lit the **** up if he does that again
Who was in a position to light him up on this play?
[Reply]
wazu 11:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
Nobody. Mahomes is a great athlete who makes people look silly. He finally did step out of bounds once somebody had an angle to hit him for real.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:07 AM Today
I love it! The more whining they do, the more enjoyable the winning becomes for me :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana:
53 lights him the fuck up if he's not pulling up to let him get out of bounds. Next time the defender is going to run through him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:09 AM Today
This isn't even a knock on Mahomes. Bend every rule you can to your advantage.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:09 AM Today
I will say that Mahomes has actually feigned going out of bounds and then run up the field before (he's not the only one, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson do this too; it's a smart play). I wouldn't count this play as one of those though.

Notice that Kareem actually gives a slight shove to the defender on the play which, in addition to Mahomes' fakeout, gives him the opening to run further.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:10 AM Today
The linebacker he oled was probably going to light him but he put on the breaks and the guy flew by That guy wasn’t letting up.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:11 AM Today
I loved Mahomes trucking and stepping on that Mustapha guy. He was trying to murder everybody all day. Which is totally cool but that sword cuts both ways.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:11 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
53 lights him the **** up if he's not pulling up to let him get out of bounds. Next time the defender is going to run through him.
The guys who flew by him is t doing that if he was letting up or taking it easy.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:12 AM Today
They "held up" because they thought Mahomes might pass the ball. By the time they realized that wasn't going to happen, it was too late. Mahomes isn't Michael Vick, but it's not like he's post-achilles rupture Dan Marino either.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:12 AM Today
It's pretty simple.

QB is in bounds, you can hit him.

QB is out of bounds, you can't.

Mahomes was in bounds. You could have hit him. You didn't.

I really highly doubt roided up defensive guys who love to hit are making decisions based on who they know the player is and not what they see.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up