ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>An Excellent Colin Cowherd Take on the Chiefs
pugsnotdrugs19 01:49 PM Today

"This is the Patriots. Best coach, best quarterback, hyper aggressive defense and totally comfortable in close games late."

@ColinCowherd on Kansas City's 22-17 win pic.twitter.com/KOHR1gxfoc

— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) September 23, 2024

Well worth your five minutes.

I always appreciate a good third party POV like this. Feels like he’s giving it to everyone as straight up and real as possible.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM Today
You have to love the "it's not sustainable" comments like the Chiefs just came out of nowhere and started winning close games.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You have to love the "it's not sustainable" comments like the Chiefs just came out of nowhere and started winning close games.
LOL, I would argue it's becoming more sustainable because like New England, it's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The Chiefs expect good things to happen in close games, opponents expect to make mistakes against them.

Teams are getting caught up in the pinstripes and banners.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM Today
Cowherd's been saying this for a couple years now.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cowherd's been saying this for a couple years now.
I think he's as good as there is right now. Especially when he collabs with John Middlekauff.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:58 PM Today
I agree with the winning close games argument, however Gunther was highly aggressive too but that didn't amount to much.

Btw the comment section reads like a group of spurned lovers. :-)
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 02:04 PM Today
I'm surprised you guys like him.

Cowherd always felt like a giant contrarian. Dude has doubted the Chiefs soooooooo many times over the years. And when the Chiefs prove him wrong, he comes back the next day like he always believed in them. I can never respect talking heads that don't own their shit.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 02:09 PM Today
cowherd is like all the others. his job is to say shit, and he has to say shit for 3 hours a day. he always tries to play it both ways with the chiefs. he shit talked us all offseason, doubts us before every game (he took the falcons), and then once we win, we're suddenly the new patriots again. he doesn't believe anything he says.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think he's as good as there is right now. Especially when he collabs with John Middlekauff.
Are you serious? Could not disagree more. Cowherd is the same ilk of the ever more popular talking head that spews constant hot takes and worthless platitudes to fill hours of time every day.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:10 PM Today
If you don't like Colin, I would encourage you to try his non-TV podcast. It's on the Volume network which he owns - can be found through Apple and Spotify.

It feels like a way more genuine version of himself - like talking to a guy over a beer.

And on that show, he's consistent. In fact, he is one of very few already putting Reid and Mahomes in legitimate GOAT discussions every so often. He's got his buddies - clearly in LA with the Rams and Payton with Denver for example - but he is consistent.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:12 PM Today
I have to be totally honest and say Nick and FTF have the best show by far. Carry on. :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If you don't like Colin, I would encourage you to try his non-TV podcast. It's on the Volume network which he owns - can be found through Apple and Spotify.

It feels like a way more genuine version of himself - like talking to a guy over a beer.

And on that show, he's consistent. In fact, he is one of very few already putting Reid and Mahomes in legitimate GOAT discussions every so often. He's got his buddies - clearly in LA with the Rams and Payton with Denver for example - but he is consistent.
That's kind of the problem though. The last thing I want to suffer through is MORE Colin Cowherd after watching him bloviate on whatever FOX show he's currently perpetrating his 'craft' on.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
cowherd is like all the others. his job is to say shit, and he has to say shit for 3 hours a day. he always tries to play it both ways with the chiefs. he shit talked us all offseason, doubts us before every game (he took the falcons), and then once we win, we're suddenly the new patriots again. he doesn't believe anything he says.
The only consistent thing with Cowherd is worshiping Shanahan & the Niners.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The only consistent thing with Cowherd is worshiping Shanahan & the Niners.
Bro I literally read that as worshipping Satan at first.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
That's kind of the problem though. The last thing I want to suffer through is MORE Colin Cowherd after watching him bloviate on whatever FOX show he's currently perpetrating his 'craft' on.
I don't watch his Fox show though. I caught this clip on twitter.

I listen to his podcast exclusively these days as far as his content goes. And most times he has a bad ass guest like Middlekauff or Nick Wright.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up