ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Athletic - Gap between Chiefs and Ravens is bigger than toe that decided game
kcgreene 09:35 AM 09-06-2024
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/574.../?redirected=1

Article in Spoiler

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:36 AM 09-06-2024
Damn right it is...
[Reply]
kcgreene 09:39 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by :
You have to like the mindset, but who wants to break it to him?

That certainly wasn’t Kansas City’s best. And while the Ravens did manage to hang with the champs thanks to some late-game heroics, they’ll need much more growth to overtake them.[/SPOILER]
This. This is something I've heard no other talking heads really saying today. Plenty of errors and we still found a way to win.

Because that's what champions do.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:44 AM 09-06-2024
I completely agree that this years offense looks to be superior to last year's version (and the year before). It's going to look even better when Hollywood gets back. Good luck to the rest of the NFL.:-)

The question that remains is: What about this years version of the Defense? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about our Front 7. I have no doubt they'll get better, but it looked a bit rough at times.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 09:46 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I completely agree that this years offense looks to be superior to last year's version (and the year before). It's going to look even better when Hollywood gets back. Good luck to the rest of the NFL.:-)

The question that remains is: What about this years version of the Defense? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about our Front 7. I have no doubt they'll get better, but it looked a bit rough at times.
In Spags we trust
[Reply]
redfan 09:47 AM 09-06-2024
I like the way the Chiefs can play a B or C game and still win.
[Reply]
irafreak 10:00 AM 09-06-2024
This is what I saw. I came away feeling very good about the game. Even if the toe was in and they got the win, we played pretty vanilla on defense and this team looks in great shape to take big strides through the season.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
This. This is something I've heard no other talking heads really saying today. Plenty of errors and we still found a way to win.

Because that's what champions do.
Also, if we don't punt the ball from their 40 and go conservative in the 4th quarter, the game is never even in range for the Ravens anyway.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:03 AM 09-06-2024
still have yet to see a writer go where they should.......

Zay Flowers (and others) do not run many intermediate/deeper routes because........wait for it........

Lamar is NOT a quarterback.

The article states "possibly the greatest dual-threat QB of all time"

No.....no he's not.

He's a massive threat running the ball, and very little threat throwing the ball.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 09-06-2024
The Chiefs were a couple of uncharacteristic bone-headed drops from scoring 30 points and that was without Hollywood Brown.

When Hollywood gets back this offense is gonna be insane
[Reply]
New World Order 10:05 AM 09-06-2024
Michael Vick was faster and had a better arm.

If he played with today’s rules he would be killing people
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 09-06-2024
If Lamar runs like he did last night in all the games the rest of the season, he's going to end up missing games due to the beating he's going to take for it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:12 AM 09-06-2024
Burning their timeouts hurt them

Lamar in the red zone, under a minute, with no timeouts which takes his takes his legs away and you know he has to throw it is a lot more comfortable than them having a TO and you have to play the run/pass
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:16 AM 09-06-2024
Two delay of game penalties did not help either when Jackson was audibling.
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:17 AM 09-06-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If Lamar runs like he did last night in all the games the rest of the season, he's going to end up missing games due to the beating he's going to take for it.
He was talking about how, if he felt like he did before this game for the AFCG last year, they would have won. All game long I watched him taking punishment and thought, that is why you don't feel like that at the end of the season.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up