ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 199
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
He's not unfortunately.

The AFCCG put that to rest for good.
:-)

Total bullshit.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
You sure? Why wait then?
Because it’s smart business.
[Reply]
neech 08:20 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Raped….? JFC lol…

At first I didn’t like the compensation but now I realize it’s a good deal…
Pending what Veach does with the picks but yeah the deal isn’t bad and Tyreek just priced himself out of what the Chiefs could pay him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:41 PM 03-23-2022

Mecole Hardman’s IG pic hits the off-season home. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/Oh6qcjxhaL

— Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) March 24, 2022

[Reply]
In58men 08:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because it’s smart business.
To wait to see what others get paid? I think if you have the best deal possible for the team, you offer it and push for it to be signed. I honestly feel like they’ve waited a little too long. They did wait with Chris Jones when he was on the tag to get a deal done. I believe it was the exact deadline day. You gotta lock up your key players asap, not wait to see what teams overpay for players.

I like Veach, but I felt like he might have taking his time on this one. Teams always overpay in FA. We should have set the market, not the Raiders.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
To wait to see what others get paid? I think if you have the best deal possible for the team, you offer it and push for it to be signed. I honestly feel like they’ve waited a little too long. They did wait with Chris Jones when he was on the tag to get a deal done. I believe it was the exact deadline day. You gotta lock up your key players asap, not wait to see what teams overpay for players.

I like Veach, but I felt like he might have taking his time on this one. Teams always overpay in FA. We should have set the market, not the Raiders.
I’m talking about Tyreek. You can’t force somebody to sign.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:11 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

[Reply]
kcbubb 10:08 PM 03-23-2022
The frustrating part of this for me is the narrative was pay him or trade him and that’s not true. He had one year left on his contract. The third option was make him play out his contract and call his bluff on holding out. So, how far does the threat of a hold out go now? If you have two or three years left and threaten to hold out, can you make the threat and get traded? Chiefs have set a bad precedent here. I’m hoping they have a plan that we will come to fruition and we can say wow! Now it makes sense. Otherwise, this is a terrible move. The goal of a contract is for the player to out play the contract or create contract equity. If a player can threaten a hold out every time he’s “underpayed” what’s the point? The team never gets money back for players like Clark that underperform. We might as well sign everyone to one year deals.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:10 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
The frustrating part of this for me is the narrative was pay him or trade him and that’s not true. He had one year left on his contract. The third option was make him play out his contract and call his bluff on holding out. So, how far does the threat of a hold out go now? If you have two or three years left and threaten to hold out, can you make the threat and get traded? Chiefs have set a bad precedent here. I’m hoping they have a plan that we will come to fruition and we can say wow! Now it makes sense. Otherwise, this is a terrible move. The goal of a contract is for the player to out play the contract or create contract equity. If a player can threaten a hold out every time he’s “underpayed” what’s the point? The team never gets money back for players like Clark that underperform. We might as well sign everyone to one year deals.
Ok so you do this…what do you do next offseason when you’re in the same exact scenario…?
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:24 PM 03-23-2022
I’m not saying we sign everyone to one year deals. I’m just pointing out that players should play out their contracts. Or what’s the point? If they threaten to hold out, call their bluff and make them play or sit and not get paid, especially if they have one year left on the contract. Again, I’m hoping that there is a plan in place and we will say that’s why they traded hill, the trade makes sense now. But right now, I don’t see it.
[Reply]
synthesis2 10:39 PM 03-23-2022
I for one like the deal and I like it alot.

I think Tyreek's best days are behind him, I don't think he finishes 17 games for the rest of his career, he is going to miss 3-10 games a year going forward, he is wired too tight and is getting older. My money is on 500-950 yards per season for the rest of his career and that it.

I think the HUGE haul we got in picks will get at least 2, but with our drafting in midrounds lately probably 3 of the 5 picks will hit and I bet 1 or 2 end up being pro bowlers.

We will have a much better team, Ty was great but his best years are defiantly behind him. I'll miss that speed but we have others and will be just fine.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The disrespect the longest tenured Chiefs WR Gehrig Dieter will not be tolerated here
[Reply]
dtrain 10:52 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I’m not saying we sign everyone to one year deals. I’m just pointing out that players should play out their contracts. Or what’s the point? If they threaten to hold out, call their bluff and make them play or sit and not get paid, especially if they have one year left on the contract. Again, I’m hoping that there is a plan in place and we will say that’s why they traded hill, the trade makes sense now. But right now, I don’t see it.
Then players shouldn’t be released before contract is up
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 11:02 PM 03-23-2022
His production in Miami will go way down, but his Bank Account will swell. I hope he gets good financial advise.
[Reply]
irafreak 11:13 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So if someone offered to double your pay to do the same thing, you'd say no?
Yep. I like where I'm at and the freedom they give me. The biggest thing is move. I have no issue moving, done it my whole life but I have too much going on here to move it all with me. I'd lose too much and the money wouldn't be worth that.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 199
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149 > Last »
Up