ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 186
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:34 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Solid class but no superstars in it like 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The superstars in 2021 are a guard, a center, and an off ball linebacker. The problem is our "superstars" that we do find in the draft are at low impact positions. Yes, it's nice to have a great guard, center, or linebacker. But none of those positions are as important or can make as big of a difference as positions like WR, DE, and CB. KC hasn't found a playmaker in the draft in a LONG time.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:34 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
My #1 Karlaftis comparison was Trey Hendrickson.

Many compared him to Hali.

Guys that win with strength, motor, and relentlessness take time to develop and adjust to the NFL level. Both of those guys did too.
Lazy comparison just cuz he’s white
[Reply]
staylor26 06:34 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Hutchinson is. But Kayvon is playing well. He missed the first few games of the season and is already statistically outperforming Karlaftis. He even had a strip sack on Lamar today to close out the game.
But expectations are clearly different for a top 10 pick and the 30th overall pick. Relative to his draft position, he hasn't been THAT much better.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:35 PM 10-16-2022
You're right, we clearly lost because Karlaftis, not because Mahomes/Andy.

This is a defense mechanism that many of y'all have any time we lose just because you can't accept that the best player in the world didn't get it done today.

The Chiefs were down a lot of guys on defense goijg agaisnt the closest thing to our QB, and they played more than good enough to win.

LOL, great players do this Patrick has overcome deficits over and over. I can't blame him until it's clear to be blamed. Instead of the refs stearing the game.

Karlaftis was drafted because of his ability, and to cull the shit passrush from the previous season
[Reply]
staylor26 06:36 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
The superstars in 2021 are a guard, a center, and an off ball linebacker. The problem is our "superstars" that we do find in the draft are at low impact positions. Yes, it's nice to have a great guard, center, or linebacker. But none of those positions are as important or can make as big of a difference as positions like WR, DE, and CB. KC hasn't found a playmaker in the draft in a LONG time.
You're STILL bitching about corner when that room is full of young talent?

Dumbass.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:38 PM 10-16-2022
You're STILL bitching about corner when that room is full of young talent?

Dumbass.
Secondary has ONE interception on the entire season. Zero playmakers in the secondary.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:40 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Secondary has ONE interception on the entire season. Zero playmakers in the secondary.
Yea, Sneed definitely isn't a playmaker! Only way you can make plays is interceptions.

I guess the Sneed sack and fumbles don't count huh?

Did our rookie 7th round pick not have a pick 6? Is he not playing as good as any rookie CB not named Sauce?

God damn you're fucking clueless.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:41 PM 10-16-2022
Veach’s draft/acquisitions of the secondary has been fine.

It’s the offensive skill positions and edge rushers where I’m concerned
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:41 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wait - you've gone in this direction again?

First it was he sucked because he had short arms.

Then you changed and said it was your biggest error in evaluation ever and he was a Greek God.

And now you're back to he sucks?

At last, Karlaftis is going to rise again like a Greek Phoenix from Marty's ashes.
Clay is one of the biggest turncoats on Cp.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:42 PM 10-16-2022
he sucks, staylor...if he was worth shit he'd be flashing like tamba...instead he's turk mcbride-esque

career backup at best
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 06:42 PM 10-16-2022
Yea, they aren't all All-Pros 6 games in.

JFC this place goes full reerun every single time we lose, even when we played better than anybody expected.
Always the same people too.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:42 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wait - you've gone in this direction again?

First it was he sucked because he had short arms.

Then you changed and said it was your biggest error in evaluation ever and he was a Greek God.

And now you're back to he sucks?

At last, Karlaftis is going to rise again like a Greek Phoenix from Marty's ashes.
why wouldn't I? preseason was clearly a mirage.

george might get 3 sacks this season at best
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:43 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
so um...looks like i was right

he's a big ball of try hard and not much else
You said yourself that Mahomes isn’t allowed to have a defense and you were right.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM 10-16-2022
Yea, they aren't all All-Pros 6 games in.

JFC this place goes full reerun every single time we lose, even when we played better than anybody expected.
Welcome to Overreaction Planet.:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:45 PM 10-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
why wouldn't I? preseason was clearly a mirage.

george might get 3 sacks this season at best
Flip flop inbound in 3, 2, 1 . . .
[Reply]
Page 98 of 186
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108148 > Last »
Up