Page 951 of 951
« First < 451851901941947948949950951
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Wrong. Annual rate is 41.44%, not monthly. 3.27% monthly. It's in your link.

Want to know what owning AMZN stock returned you in the past year? 46.86%.

This AMZY dividend minus the share price loss was 41.44% - 2.56% (share price loss) for total return of 38.88%

https://www.yieldmaxetfs.com/our-etfs/amzy/

Total return are all that matters when you are young and focusing on dividends for a young investor like your daughter is NOT the recipe for success. She needs growth and she should focus on total return.
:-)
[Reply]
lewdog 09:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
:-)
It doesn’t pay 41% per month, your post made it sound like that. You agree?
[Reply]
philfree 09:29 AM Today
For a dividend stock Blue Owl Cap Corp (OBDC) is a good one.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:37 PM Today
It doesn’t pay 41% per month, your post made it sound like that. You agree?
NO, Only a Moran would think that! The link was attached anyway . And my daughter uses her AMZY dividends to buy AMZN as well as more AMZY.

If you don't have the dividend income you have to rely on a paycheck from a JOB to buy stock.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by philfree:
For a dividend stock Blue Owl Cap Corp (OBDC) is a good one.
10% Yield and pays qtrly at 1.48 per year. Pass

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activi...vidend-history

AMZY/YMAG are much better options
[Reply]
lewdog 12:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
NO, Only a Moran would think that! The link was attached anyway . And my daughter uses her AMZY dividends to buy AMZN as well as more AMZY.

If you don't have the dividend income you have to rely on a paycheck from a JOB to buy stock.
Ok, thank you for qualifying.

PS I still love you even though we will never agree about dividends.
[Reply]
UteChief 01:31 PM Today
Ok, thank you for qualifying.

PS I still love you even though we will never agree about dividends.
Do you have an issue with dividend stocks in general or just investments like AMZY?
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:48 PM Today
Interestingly, my 3M stock purchase worked out. I'm currently up 53% and have booked 2 quarterly dividends. That's probably the best I've ever done on an individual stock purchase. Obviously my long term index holds are up more than that over time, but I'm pretty happy with the stock pick.

Now I need to figure out if I should sell it or turn DRIP on and let it go. If I can get things wound down in the next couple weeks, I'll look into the company a little more.

Full disclosure, my pussy ass only bought 2 shares, but I'm still marking it down as a win.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by UteChief:
Do you have an issue with dividend stocks in general or just investments like AMZY?
You didn't ask me, but my issue is the 100% focus on the dividends and the complete ignoring of the stock price drops. Y'all should see the one HF deleted... :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:41 PM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You didn't ask me, but my issue is the 100% focus on the dividends and the complete ignoring of the stock price drops. Y'all should see the one HF deleted... :-)
I had some wrong info in there so F off!

That's why I showed you guys YMAG / AMZY.

I'll never post in this thread again . It's turned into a shithole.

I may be done with CP all together.
[Reply]
UteChief 02:44 PM Today
Initially I was looking at dividends to build a nice income portfolio. Then I realized I’d rather have growth and pay capital gains tax instead of income tax.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Interestingly, my 3M stock purchase worked out. I'm currently up 53% and have booked 2 quarterly dividends. That's probably the best I've ever done on an individual stock purchase. Obviously my long term index holds are up more than that over time, but I'm pretty happy with the stock pick.

Now I need to figure out if I should sell it or turn DRIP on and let it go. If I can get things wound down in the next couple weeks, I'll look into the company a little more.

Full disclosure, my pussy ass only bought 2 shares, but I'm still marking it down as a win.
Dammit.

I mean, good for you. I sold my last shares right as you bought.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:53 PM Today
Initially I was looking at dividends to build a nice income portfolio. Then I realized I’d rather have growth and pay capital gains instead on income tax.
Yeah, I'm sure there are some good options for dividends out there, but it's not like it's been tough making money in the stock market this year. I'm up 35% in my basic target date fund in the past 12 months.
[Reply]
UteChief 03:18 PM Today
Yeah, I'm sure there are some good options for dividends out there, but it's not like it's been tough making money in the stock market this year. I'm up 35% in my basic target date fund in the past 12 months.
Yeah, but that’s probably in a retirement account. I was talking about shorter term investing. I’m mostly VOO also up 35% in the last year.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:46 PM Today
Yeah, but that’s probably in a retirement account. I was talking about shorter term investing. I’m mostly VOO also up 35% in the last year.
Eh, it's all just variations on a theme. I run a 4 fund portfolio of index fund ETFs in my taxable account (which intentionally avoid dividends so that you can go for capital gains instead), and it's done about as well.
[Reply]
Page 951 of 951
« First < 451851901941947948949950951
Up