ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 95 of 940
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:25 AM 11-17-2017
Took some profit today. I bought SPLK in 2012 during their IPO with a cost basis of $35. Over the years it's gone up and down and, while it's not at the highest ever, after a stellar earnings report yesterday it's up over 15% today. It opened today at 68.30 and I put in a limit order to sell at 81.50. I left in my original investment dollar amount but pulled out 127% profit.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:53 PM 11-20-2017
Looking at two stocks to buy this week:

IPGP and SWKS

Anybody see any reason not to ?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:00 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

IPGP and SWKS

SWKS Exec sold a shitload of shares recent. I don’t know why but he did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/weekher...stock.html/amp
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:10 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Thanks, that is certainly a red flag
[Reply]
scho63 06:30 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Thanks, that is certainly a red flag
An Exec selling 2% of their shares for a timed sale is one thing, selling 82% of their holdings is another.

Make sure you can find out which they did and if any other top execs sold a big percentage of their holdings......

Selling a lot of shares doesn't scare me but a big percentage does. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:39 PM 11-20-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
An Exec selling 2% of their shares for a timed sale is one thing, selling 82% of their holdings is another.

Make sure you can find out which they did and if any other top execs sold a big percentage of their holdings......

Selling a lot of shares doesn't scare me but a big percentage does. :-)
Yep, thanks !
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:37 PM 11-20-2017
GE has been hit with a class action suit over Fukishima. $500 mil.

Those reactors were supposed to be built on a bluff 115' high. To save $ GE reduced the bluff to 85'.

And they are going to be 31 billion short on pension obligations.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:40 PM 11-21-2017

IPGP and SWKS

Ended up buying in to three stocks today:

MU
MRVL
IPGP
[Reply]
scho63 07:53 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
GE has been hit with a class action suit over Fukishima. $500 mil.

Those reactors were supposed to be built on a bluff 115' high. To save $ GE reduced the bluff to 85'.

And they are going to be 31 billion short on pension obligations.
Thanks, I just saw that. This is not a good sign. It may mean they cut corners in a lot of other places. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 08:06 PM 11-21-2017
Thanks, I just saw that. This is not a good sign. It may mean they cut corners in a lot of other places. :-)
And I don't think all their bad decision have been fully aired yet either. I also think we start seeing another round of selloffs of GE stock in activity managed mutual funds. I personally don't think that's hit yet. It's why I think the stock price is going to go lower.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/20/inve...ong/index.html

After it bottoms, hopefully a few key changes and more structured growth in key areas can bolster GE back into the respectability of a well run company.
[Reply]
scho63 09:14 AM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
And I don't think all their bad decision have been fully aired yet either. I also think we start seeing another round of selloffs of GE stock in activity managed mutual funds. I personally don't think that's hit yet. It's why I think the stock price is going to go lower.

After it bottoms, hopefully a few key changes and more structured growth in key areas can bolster GE back into the respectability of a well run company.
Did you ever pull the trigger on BABA?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:27 PM 11-22-2017
scho,

GE has been a weird company for a long time. In my time with them, they routinely whacked the bottom 10%/15% of performers in whatever subsidiary to save $. Be it sales, or R/D, they just cut. Stressful AF.

Then when you were spared, you trained the guys who would (one day) replace you. I was fortunate that the division I was in was based in Utah. They pretty much left us alone.

However, my former boss took a position within the company at the home HQ. Shortly after transitioning, his boss (VP director type) got whacked. He knew the writing was on the wall that the entire division would be cratered.

But GE works so slowly that my friend stopped going into the office all together for 22 months. He would do some work from home and occasionally go in just to take pens, pencils, paper.

Sprint may be the only company that was actually run worse than GE.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:30 PM 11-22-2017
Did you ever pull the trigger on BABA?
I did a small purchase on BABA, yes.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:36 PM 11-22-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

The issue I saw, from the inside, was that GE never developed their own stuff. They were masters at buying up small start ups with great ideas and then adding a GE touch to it. And sometime that ruined the actual product, or unnecessarily complicated a simple product.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:13 PM 11-22-2017
NVR went up $40 today
[Reply]
Page 95 of 940
« First < 45859192939495 96979899105145195595 > Last »
Up