ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 949 of 949
« First < 449849899939945946947948949
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:32 PM 08-23-2024
Epic day today. I love days like today. It worked out well because I had a nearly unprecedented credit card bill this month, and I was still able to easily gain in net worth.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:02 PM 08-24-2024
Oh Boy, these are going to be fun and Mike's excited!

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:44 AM 09-03-2024
Lots of red today. What's happening?
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:50 AM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Lots of red today. What's happening?
It seems like the market massively overreacts to every bit of news that points toward a slowdown.

I saw an article today where some random investment banker said, "This is a data-driven market right now," and I agree. Every day produces some random report that's a small part of the big picture, and every day the market acts like that random report is a revelation of the future.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 12:57 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
It seems like the market massively overreacts to every bit of news that points toward a slowdown.

I saw an article today where some random investment banker said, "This is a data-driven market right now," and I agree. Every day produces some random report that's a small part of the big picture, and every day the market acts like that random report is a revelation of the future.
I just think there's not much going on right now. We're up a lot. There's elections and we'll see if the economy holds up in the 4th q. Wait to see if AI starts to really make productivity boosts and profits for anyone not selling the hardware. I think that might take some time.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:47 PM 09-03-2024
September is notoriously a bad month in the stock market for whatever reason.

Cash rules right now to buy those dips.

ZIVB and SVOL for the dividend plays look good
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 09-03-2024
Recession fears, rate cuts coming and job data that seems non-believable. When NVDA get crushed, so do other stocks/indexes.

Could see an actual needed correction this month.
[Reply]
philfree 09:01 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

How much of that reaction comes from the algorithms? I'm no expert but at this point I think the algorithms start the big selloffs. They'll pick up a headline and boom!
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:36 PM 09-03-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
How much of that reaction comes from the algorithms? I'm no expert but at this point I think the algorithms start the big selloffs. They'll pick up a headline and boom!
That's my theory, too. I think a lot of it is automated.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:21 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
That's not new.

Even in the old world of brokers, you could put on stops, and a little price movement triggers your stops, then the next guys and the next guys, and a small movement gets exacerbated. Old futures traders still talk about "running stops".

I think "trading algorithms" that move any volume have gotten more refined.

But I could be wrong there.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:46 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Interesting.

Financials don't look terrifying. Any idea why they ate shit so bad? I mean everything did, but almost 60% is a lot. Was it just their Q42023 sales decline?

Looks like a pretty good play to me.
Dropped another 12% today.

Originally Posted by :
But around noon, management made an appearance at Barclays' 17th Annual Global Consumer Staples Conference. During the chat, management said something that sparked fear in investors: In the current quarter, sales to PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP) are down $100 million to $120 million compared to last year.

Investors took action, and that's why Celsius stock was down a painful 12% as of 3:15 p.m. ET.
Sounds like inventory was just stuffed and the brand is still doing really well. Expanding internationally is probably the next big step.
[Reply]
Page 949 of 949
« First < 449849899939945946947948949
Up