Page 941 of 941
« First < 441841891931937938939940941
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:23 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've got a relatively large holding in HCI, which is a home insurance company. It's done very well for me, but it took a 20% hit the last week or so due to Hurricane Milton. The storm seems like it's not as bad as expected, and HCI is already up 4% today. I bet it gains another 10% soon if we hear more positive storm reports.
Okay, it's now up 8 percent on the day. You guys really should subscribe to my newsletter. If you had invested $2,500 when I told you about it this morning, you could be enjoying a lunch with scho right now with the profits.
[Reply]
UteChief 01:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Okay, it's now up 8 percent on the day. You guys really should subscribe to my newsletter. If you had invested $2,500 when I told you about it this morning, you could be enjoying a lunch with scho right now with the profits.
Sign me up!
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by UteChief:
Sign me up!
It ended the day up 12 percent. If you had invested $1 million when I mentioned it this morning at 4 percent, you would have taken home a cool $80,000.

I really should have dumped all of my free cash into it, because I was pretty convinced of a bounce. I wasn't expecting it in one day, but I figured it would happen. However, I have rules about how much to invest in one stock and I already hold a lot of it so my rules won't let me buy more.
[Reply]
UteChief 03:36 PM Today
I mean to your newsletter. I sold off all of my individual stocks outside of company stock and bought VOO and VOOG.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by UteChief:
I mean to your newsletter. I sold off all of my individual stocks outside of company stock and bought VOO and VOOG.
I should let you know that the subscription fee to my newsletter is $80,000 per year. But as you can see, it's worth at least that amount.
[Reply]
Page 941 of 941
« First < 441841891931937938939940941
Up