ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 939 of 949
« First < 439839889929935936937938939 940941942943 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:55 AM 08-02-2024
Weight Watchers (WW) is down to .89 and is laying off a bunch of people and is cutting 100M in expenses.

GLP-1 killed weight watchers.

Interesting.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:45 AM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Weight Watchers (WW) is down to .89 and is laying off a bunch of people and is cutting 100M in expenses.

Interesting.
It sounds like they're really cutting the fat.

I didn't think about the drugs killing Industries like this. You'd think that people would still want the social support and diet support.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:49 AM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Blood ****ing bath.
Today they're walking amongst the bodies and shooting anything that's still moving.

The past two weeks have been absolutely brutal. I have blood flowing from every financial orifice. My strategy of buying CDs for the past year has been great, but I've got enough tech that I'm still losing my shirt.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:49 AM 08-02-2024
I read that even Oprah started taking Ozempic after yeeears of endorsing Weight Watchers. If true, had to be a killer for their clout.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:14 AM 08-02-2024
This is when monthly dividends really shine. The NAV erosion of everything else has no way out.

NVDY and AMZY I'm adding MOAR!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:18 AM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Interesting.
I'd be interested in seeing a profile of those laid off, I wonder if they fired all the fattys
[Reply]
lewdog 02:51 PM 08-02-2024
Mag 7 selling off on ERs, unfavorable job report, Amazon less than stellar earnings, dollar weakening even further.....recession looming???

We could see an actual correction, which is needed. We are only down 5.8% from ATH. I won't suggest bear market (20% down) but there's a lot of indicators flashing louder than they have in the past few years.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:13 PM 08-02-2024
Mag 7 selling off on ERs, unfavorable job report, Amazon less than stellar earnings, dollar weakening even further.....recession looming???

We could see an actual correction, which is needed. We are only down 5.8% from ATH. I won't suggest bear market (20% down) but there's a lot of indicators flashing louder than they have in the past few years.
The thing I keep telling myself is that we were having a fantastic year, and even with this selloff I'm still up on the year in my investments. It's horrific right now, but it's really just taking back gains rather than inflicting losses.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:27 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The thing I keep telling myself is that we were having a fantastic year, and even with this selloff I'm still up on the year in my investments. It's horrific right now, but it's really just taking back gains rather than inflicting losses.
Definitely, could just be a much needed correction. This year we extended way too much and it couldn't last forever. Hope that's all it is but we shall see.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:41 PM 08-02-2024
Definitely, could just be a much needed correction. This year we extended way too much and it couldn't last forever. Hope that's all it is but we shall see.
Get ready for Mortgage defaults to start hitting. People that bought 4 years ago with variable rate loans bought what they could afford at the time. Now they are struggling if they got an adjustment. I've got 5 mortgages left on rentals that all adjusted in the last 12 months from 5% to 8.75%. I can raise rents, but people with a home mortgage just have to get a 2nd job. Meanwhile the property taxes have increased as well as fuel and groceries. Banks are going to get wrecked shortly or another bailout. Never ends.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:47 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Get ready for Mortgage defaults to start hitting. People that bought 4 years ago with variable rate loans bought what they could afford at the time. Now they are struggling if they got an adjustment. I've got 5 mortgages left on rentals that all adjusted in the last 12 months from 5% to 8.75%. I can raise rents, but people with a home mortgage just have to get a 2nd job. Meanwhile the property taxes have increased as well as fuel and groceries. Banks are going to get wrecked shortly or another bailout. Never ends.
I agree. Most signs point to that repeating. It is cyclical and it's coming soon (1-2 years), IMO.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:19 PM 08-02-2024
This made me curious about how common adjustable rate mortgages are. I never considered one when I bought my house a million years ago because the risk bothered me. I wondered if others feel the same.

According to the Fed, about 8 percent of households have adjustable mortgages. https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rate-mortgages

Surprisingly, it's more common among high-income households than low-income households according to that article. I would have assumed that lower-income households would be more willing to take the risk because they had no choice.

And if you look at fixed-rate mortgages as an approximation, rates are about 2.2 percent higher than they were five years ago according to this chart: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US

It seems like there's a little window of people for the next two years who'll get screwed by higher rates, but then they'll go down for people who bought after that. You'll also get a massive wave of people who got high fixed-rate loans over the past three years, and they'll be refinancing.

I don't think it'll be a large percentage of people who got adjustable rates in that two-year window and are about to get sodomized. Maybe that's enough to cause problems for the economy with defaults or maybe not. I don't know that kind of stuff. But I do think there'll be a lot more people who'll benefit by refinancing fixed loans down.

It's an interesting thing to think about.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:22 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
And motherfucking insurance. That bullshit is through the fucking roof.

But are there really fools out there with adjustable rate primary mortgages? There was absolutely no chance in any primary mortgage I've ever had would stick that bitch on an ARM. I had to fight to lock my farmland mortgage. I don't want any of that heat.

Maybe young morons that have never seen interest. Maybe.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:24 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
This made me curious about how common adjustable rate mortgages are. I never considered one when I bought my house a million years ago because the risk bothered me. I wondered if others feel the same.

According to the Fed, about 8 percent of households have adjustable mortgages. https://www.stlouisfed.org/on-the-ec...rate-mortgages

Surprisingly, it's more common among high-income households than low-income households according to that article. I would have assumed that lower-income households would be more willing to take the risk because they had no choice.

And if you look at fixed-rate mortgages as an approximation, rates are about 2.2 percent higher than they were five years ago according to this chart: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/MORTGAGE30US

It seems like there's a little window of people for the next two years who'll get screwed by higher rates, but then they'll go down for people who bought after that. You'll also get a massive wave of people who got high fixed-rate loans over the past three years, and they'll be refinancing.

I don't think it'll be a large percentage of people who got adjustable rates in that two-year window and are about to get sodomized. Maybe that's enough to cause problems for the economy with defaults or maybe not. I don't know that kind of stuff. But I do think there'll be a lot more people who'll benefit by refinancing fixed loans down.

It's an interesting thing to think about.
8% is a hell of a lot more than I anticipated.

I guess right now I wouldn't feel too bad about an ARM. Save fees for a refinance.

But my ass would have to buy a shoebox in a gutter if I were going to give up my mortgage today.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:28 PM 08-02-2024
Definitely some rough days...yikes...
[Reply]
Page 939 of 949
« First < 439839889929935936937938939 940941942943 > Last »
Up