Page 92 of 940
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192592 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
scho63 08:17 PM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
God dammit. The game ended 4 hours before this post. Did you keep drinking and harassing that waitress?
Very possible and highly likely! :-)

I had to stand in the middle of the street in the dark trying to wave down a single car to give me a jump start. Nearly got run over about 10 times. People probably thought I was trying to carjack them. One nice guy in a minivan pulled into the lot and it took one minute.

Tomorrow I buy a new battery. Worked inside all day. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 01:00 PM 11-07-2017
Damn Blue Apron and JC Penney stocks are both at or under $3. What garbage!
[Reply]
scho63 01:03 PM 11-07-2017
And Oprah's making a fortune with her Weight Watchers stock!
[Reply]
lewdog 09:04 PM 11-07-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
Edward Jones
Their website is shit.

I can't find a list of funds they offer?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:55 AM 11-08-2017
Their website is shit.

I can't find a list of funds they offer?
They sell people. Small one person offices with someone you can talk with
That person will likely sell you whatever pays them the most. They got in trouble w/ the SEC for not disclosing that conflict of interest so now it's in a document on the website

Originally Posted by :
We want you to understand that Edward Jones’
receipt of revenue sharing payments creates a potential conflict of
interest in the form of an additional financial incentive and financial
benefit to the firm, its financial advisors and equity owners in
connection with the sale of products from these product partners.
In that document you can see which funds are paying them. It's your AUM collectors you see in lots of shitty small company 401ks charging 1.4%. American Funds, John Hancock.

They are very, very popular and it surprises me. When the DOL fiduciary rule came out their first public position was that they would pull mutual funds and ETFs from their IRA options. Seriously
[Reply]
DaFace 11:11 AM 11-08-2017
Yeah, I think Ed Jones has a place in the world for people who really have trouble figuring out how to invest or who are way behind on their strategy. But for the most part, their fees are stupid high, and you would be better off with even just doing a target date fund on your own.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:38 PM 11-08-2017
My portfolio is with Baird Financial. I'm not great at managing my own money, so they create a strategies based upon need and where I want to go. It's worked out well.

I hadn't purchased an individual stock in years, primarily because that stuff just doesn't interest me. On a whim, I bought 4K shares of US Silica stock in August. I got in at $25.10 and it's trading today at $34.60. I'm a fucking genius.:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:11 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
My portfolio is with Baird Financial. I'm not great at managing my own money, so they create a strategies based upon need and where I want to go. It's worked out well.

I hadn't purchased an individual stock in years, primarily because that stuff just doesn't interest me. On a whim, I bought 4K shares of US Silica stock in August. I got in at $25.10 and it's trading today at $34.60. I'm a fucking genius.:-)
4k shares or $4k WORTH of shares?
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:24 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
4k shares or $4k WORTH of shares?
4K shares
[Reply]
DaFace 03:09 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
4K shares
Damn. You're a little ahead of me. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 03:38 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
They sell people. Small one person offices with someone you can talk with
That person will likely sell you whatever pays them the most. They got in trouble w/ the SEC for not disclosing that conflict of interest so now it's in a document on the website

In that document you can see which funds are paying them. It's your AUM collectors you see in lots of shitty small company 401ks charging 1.4%. American Funds, John Hancock.

They are very, very popular and it surprises me. When the DOL fiduciary rule came out their first public position was that they would pull mutual funds and ETFs from their IRA options. Seriously
Just read some articles pertaining to them. Jesus, terrible.

Munson, switch your money to something else. Edward Jones will be taking way too much of your future money!
[Reply]
Munson 03:50 PM 11-08-2017
Just read some articles pertaining to them. Jesus, terrible.

Munson, switch your money to something else. Edward Jones will be taking way too much of your future money!
You guys have me worried. Honestly, I've never had a problem with them.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:34 PM 11-08-2017
Originally Posted by Munson:
You guys have me worried. Honestly, I've never had a problem with them.
You shouldn't be worried, per se. I started with an Ed Jones guy for a year or two who helped me wrap my brain around some things. My in-laws are still with Ed Jones.

But you should definitely look into the fees on your accounts and expense ratios on your funds. Chances are you're leaving 1-2% on the table just to pay for a guy you can call from time to time. Is that the end of the world? Not necessarily. But over the long run, it can cost you tens (hundreds?) of thousands of dollars.

Here's a more thorough writeup about it.

https://investorjunkie.com/29127/edward-jones-review/
[Reply]
philfree 05:06 PM 11-08-2017
I haven't been buying stocks for very long but I have a stock I purchased back in late August that's up 35%. I actually bought a subscription from a stock guru and most of the stocks I've purchased with his advice are doing well. The only thing with that is I'm constantly spammed to buy into another subscription. It's annoying. I have my guy at Ameriprise do the buying for me but my stocks blow away his ETFs. They're making money but they're holding me back. Of course I told him in the beginning that I was conservative so that's the way he originally set up my portfolio. I also get a discount on fees and pay only 1/2%. I bought NVDA on Chiefs Planets advice and it's rolling too. Up 28.5 % since I purchased it. :-) I also have some at Morgan Stanely and then my 401K with Principal. That account has grown a bunch in the last 2 years. If they get the tax plan through we'll all keep bank rolling. I'm afraid the jackass politicians are going to screw it up though.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:47 PM 11-08-2017
Profit taking today on NVDA. We'll see what the earnings report brings tomorrow morning, Philfree. I saw a DB analyst upgraded price target to 190 today
[Reply]
Page 92 of 940
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142192592 > Last »
Up