ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:35 AM 08-28-2024
We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:43 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Perine is 10x the no 2 HB MEH is anyway.

I'm sure the team cares about the human but from a football perspective they're better off without him. Perine is a much better blocker and we can get young Crocodile Mjolnir some experience...
BOOM!!!!

1000%. Spot On!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:47 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Remember when the Ravens fans told us "savant" Lamar had grown as a passer and was as good as Mahomes or better because of "numbers " lulz lulz lulz
Yes I do remember:-)

People who have played the game trust their own "football eyes" I never bought that narrative other than he had dangerous legs, but a good defense and savvy defensive coordinator will stop that crap, especially with a quarterback, who can't read a defense or hit the broadside of a barn.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 03:51 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Will be interesting to see if Spags goes with his approach from last time to focus on run and put corners on islands.

Also will be interesting to see Nate Wiggins vs Xavier Worthy. Speed on speed. Wiggins ran a 4.28 and has looked really good this preseason.

Should be fun
Force Lamar to beat you with his arm because he can't do it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:52 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yeah, and the claim was something like the gap between Mahomes and Lamar as passers isn't as big as the gap between Lamar and Mahomes as runners.

Even if that were true, either your QB can throw at a certain proficiency and make the necessary reads or he can't. And since Lamar can't, the conversation fucking ends right there.
I think there’s also a false assumption that Lamar will someday to learn to read defenses and throw like Mahomes.

Obviously he won’t ever accomplish that, but we hear a lot of “if Lamar grows as a passer” talk.

Well, it hasn’t happened and won’t to any meaningful impact.

Mahomes, even when missing games, is a lock for 4,000 passing yards. Lamar still has never throw for 4,000 yards in a season.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:53 PM 09-01-2024
I badly want this from X.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:00 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think there’s also a false assumption that Lamar will someday to learn to read defenses and throw like Mahomes.

Obviously he won’t ever accomplish that, but we hear a lot of “if Lamar grows as a passer” talk.

Mahomes, even when missing games, is a lock for 4,000 passing yards. Lamar still has never throw for 4,000 yards in a season.
Nailed It!
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 04:38 PM 09-01-2024

Everything is impossible until it isn't.@1GunnaGunna | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZsVwc9yj28

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) September 1, 2024

[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:39 PM 09-01-2024
I’m hyped as hell for perine. Dudes a pass catching baller. Hes going to get lost with all the other options available.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:46 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I’m hyped as hell for perine. Dudes a pass catching baller. Hes going to get lost with all the other options available.
We're going to run the wind out of defenses with Brown and Worthy, and then beat the shit out of them with the three RBs. It should all be an epic PITA for defensive players to deal with.
[Reply]
philfree 04:54 PM 09-01-2024
I've been wanting some media talk about the upcoming games this week and when I put it on NFLN all I get is reruns of worthless preseason games. It sucks!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:05 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
We're going to run the wind out of defenses with Brown and Worthy, and then beat the shit out of them with the three RBs. It should all be an epic PITA for defensive players to deal with.
Just like boxing, beat the body till the arms begin to drop and then Go for that KO!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:06 PM 09-01-2024
RBC definitely makes sense this year for us where we always have power and fresh legs Pounding on the defense at all times! And allows Pacheco to have a longer running back life.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:08 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
You and me, both brother! This is going to be a fantastic signing when it's all said and done.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:07 PM 09-01-2024
If Lamar was leaner when he caught his own pass in the AFCCG. Everything changes ~savant thinking
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 09:04 PM 09-01-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

The "If Lamar evolves as a passer" theory has been thrown around since 2019 when he got knocked out by the Titans. Its 2024. He's still the same. It's not happening.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up