ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Juju (2024)
Dante84 06:55 AM 08-26-2024

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, per @Schultz_Report. A reunion with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/C7zL3cft0J

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
notorious 09:10 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Toney was already gone. This makes me think Skyy is now at risk.
The Skyy is….falling?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:13 AM 08-26-2024
We haven’t drafted WRs late since Powell. So none of these bottom of the roster guys intrigue me as worth developing.
[Reply]
Womble 09:13 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
The Skyy is….falling?
Not quite. It should be:

The ball is falling from the Skyy.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:14 AM 08-26-2024
The Skyy is….falling?
SOMEONE has to return kicks.

I think they may plan on using Steele for kick returns. Still need one of these shifty WR types for Punt Returns.

Worthy
Brown
Rice
Watson
JJSS

Between the last 1-2 guys, at least one of them has to be a kick returner. So either Moore/Remigio/Toney make this team.

Pretty much seals the fate for Ross. One of the other 3 still has a chance as a returner.

Purely from a returner stand point, you'd think Remigio. Toub seems to love him and we've seen Moore try to return punts...
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 AM 08-26-2024
The Skyy is….falling?
:-) Hope so!
[Reply]
Hoover 09:15 AM 08-26-2024
This is an insurance policy.

The Chiefs know exactly what they will get with JuJu. Great depth.

We don't have a clue what Brown's situation is. So if he heads to the IR, they can ride with JuJu on the roster and you don't have to worry about anyone getting through waivers. Now, it gets more interesting if Brown is not headed to the IR as then he is taking a Hardman/Ross/Moore/Toney/Remigio spot.
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:

I think they may plan on using Steele for kick returns. Still need one of these shifty WR types for Punt Returns.

Worthy
Brown
Rice
Watson
JJSS

Between the last 1-2 guys, at least one of them has to be a kick returner. So either Moore/Remigio/Toney make this team.

Pretty much seals the fate for Ross. One of the other 3 still has a chance as a returner.

Purely from a returner stand point, you'd think Remigio. Toub seems to love him and we've seen Moore try to return punts...
Hardman is better at it than any of the guys mentioned.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:16 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by TEX:
Hardman
I dont know why i keep forgetting about Hardman, :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:17 AM 08-26-2024
What has anyone ever seen from Skyy Moore that makes him worth rostering? Practice squad level player.

Chris Conley was on Practice Squad last year and he’s better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM 08-26-2024

Worthy
Brown
Rice
Watson
JJSS

Returner is likely to be Moore or Hardman. And with Moore's history as a punt returner....yikes.

Hardman fits this team so much better than Moore. ESPECIALLY with JuJu on the roster. Moore is completely redundant (offensively) with JuJu rostered.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:18 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Returner is likely to be Moore or Hardman. And with Moore's history as a punt returner....yikes.

Hardman fits this team so much better than Moore. ESPECIALLY with JuJu on the roster. Moore is completely redundant (offensively) with JuJu rostered.
Yeah i think Hardman should be the play here.
[Reply]
TEX 09:19 AM 08-26-2024
I dont know why i keep forgetting about Hardman, :-)
I get it! :-)
[Reply]
notorious 09:21 AM 08-26-2024
If we keep Toney or Skyy over Hardman I will be upset.

Trust in Reid. He’s the man.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 08-26-2024
Yeah i think Hardman should be the play here.
I just don't think you have enough gameday roster spots for Moore to return kicks. Because you'd STILL need Hardman for punts.

And Moore isn't going to be better than Hardman as a pure kickoff return man - if he's even as good as Hardman. So why dedicate a roster spot to such a limited role for no marginal gain?

Moore just SCREAMS gameday inactive to me. I do not understand what he brings to the roster at all. He's going to be, at best, WR5. And we don't need to be rotating that deep. Nor do we run a great deal of 5 wide (when we're running an empty backfield, it's usually with the RB in the formation or an extra TE).

And you can't have him as a 4-core STs player because he's a liability on punts.

So what do you do with him?

I mean the short answer should be that you cut the fucking bum but ultimately even if you roster him, I see no way you activate him on Sundays.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:23 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Juju is markedly better than the bottom of our WR room.
...if healthy. I'll be honest, I was pulling for Powell and Washington, both of whom seemed to have done enough in ST and in games to earn that last spot. JuJu definitely has the vet intangibles and has a very good rapport with PM. Not likely a huge deal either way...I imagine he'll have very few targets when Hollywood comes back, and maybe he will be a secret weapon come January.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up