ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Yesterday
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
tooge 06:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penguinz:
In the past maybe. Today it is the idiots that think anyone not MAGA is out to get them at all costs.

BEP pretty much proved this by saying she thought they were exaggerating the potential danger of this storm.
Lets not make this political. People are in the direct path of one of the worst hurricanes ever recorded. I just hope everyone evacs or is prepared
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:35 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief:
Glad you got out of town. Was thinking about you and your wife. Shouldn’t be too bad over here on the Treasure Coast so we are staying put. Glad we have the leadership we do down here with all the prep and transparency. Y’all stay safe!
only the 2nd time in 14 years I’ve bugged out.

Looks like it ticked a little south of us. If it stays there or goes a little more south we won’t get any threating water surge of consequence and avoid the real high winds. We’d get 50-65 mph winds. We sometimes get 30-40 mph gusts in our normal summer afternoon showers.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 06:37 PM Yesterday
Looks like I've got a projected surge of +9' above ground level. This is fantastic.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Looks like I've got a projected surge of +9' above ground level. This is fantastic.
Right now it says 10-15 feet surge for me. My house is 8.5 feet above sea level. Not good math. But, it’s suppose to tick south before landfall due to that wind shear pushing it south.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 06:46 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I saw a video about that but...isn't it like 6' tall? If they actually get a 15' surge, I'm not sure it's gonna help much. (Granted, I'm not sure how far above water level the hospital itself is, so maybe it'll be OK?)
My wife works at TGH. The aqua fence can withstand up to 15ft storm surge.
[Reply]
notorious 06:52 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You learn a phrase the first time you deal with a hurricane..... Run from the water, hide from the wind.
People don't realize the energy from high wind AND rain.

We deal with some insane winds in Southwest Kansas. We hit sustained 100mph wind a few years ago. Non-tornadic, straight line wind.

That's dry air. Hurricane air is HEAVY, moisture soaked air that carries a lot more mass and energy. Scary stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:55 PM Yesterday
Good luck, people. Use a rope and attach yourself to something large that floats, like Vita Vea.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:59 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Good luck, people. Use a rope and attach yourself to something large that floats, like Vita Vea.
Lol
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:00 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by notorious:
People don't realize the energy from high wind AND rain.

We deal with some insane winds in Southwest Kansas. We hit sustained 100mph wind a few years ago. Non-tornadic, straight line wind.

That's dry air. Hurricane air is HEAVY, moisture soaked air that carries a lot more mass and energy. Scary stuff.
Wind full of humidity will beat you down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:01 PM Yesterday
Staging for Linemen and first responders at Tropicana Field. Afterwards, maybe a make shift triage.
Attached: IMG_0878.jpg (122.2 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Wind full of humidity will beat you down.
Gets above 40mph it stings like a muthafucker.
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:11 PM Yesterday
Stay safe Floridians.
Appalachian folks you still have our thoughts, prayers and donations.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Seems like a good opportunity to loot, steal and plunder.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:16 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It’s Florida. Assume everyone is packing.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Gets above 40mph it stings like a mutha****er.
Learned that lesson shortly after I moved down here in October of 2016....the older neighbor down the road called frantically because his wife had fallen during the worst of the winds and rain we had here...I told him I would put on a coat and walk to his house.

It may have only been 45 MPH rain but damn that stung. Felt like it was sleeting outside.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up