ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:48 AM 11-05-2023
it needs work
[Reply]
notorious 11:48 AM 11-05-2023
Whoever made the call has shit for brains.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:49 AM 11-05-2023
I’m not a fan of game manager Mahomes. It just seems like our flow and play calling is always just off.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:49 AM 11-05-2023
Bring EB back after Rivera gets canned.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:50 AM 11-05-2023
Matt Nagy is supposedly the offensive coordinator. The offense sucks. I'm assuming he gets some blame for something. But Andy Reid is the one calling the terrible plays. He runs when he should pass and passes when he should run. It's inexplicable.

Also, it needs to be said -- Patrick isn't playing like Patrick this season.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:50 AM 11-05-2023
Rice needs more targets. Whoever is calling the plays needs to give him more snaps.
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:51 AM 11-05-2023
Playcalling matters more than ever before. We can't give away downs because we are not explosive at all. The 3rd and 4th and less than a yard -- Mahomes has to come off the field if they refuse to do a QB sneak with him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:51 AM 11-05-2023
So which is it guys? So Reid controlled all playcalling for EB, but EB took it over against cincy when we struggled, but EB is the reason we were successful even though Reid took back playcalling last year. And now we miss EB and Nagy is taking over playcalling while Reid sits helplessly on the sidelines.

The offense has always run through Reid. Through ups and downs.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:51 AM 11-05-2023
Whoever is calling plays I'd like to know why we trust the RBs on 2nd and 10 but not 3rd and 1
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:52 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Bring EB back after Rivera gets canned.
I heard Gehrig Dieter and Anthony Sherman on 810 this week and they were talking about how EB was the details guy. I can definitely see how they're missing a guy like that this year.
[Reply]
notorious 11:52 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Whoever is calling plays I'd like to know why we trust the RBs on 2nd and 10 but not 3rd and 1
This is no joke. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:53 AM 11-05-2023
Legit criticism of Nagy is right after he had a Come to Jesus gathering with the offense on the sideline… they promptly go and have a 3 and out.

Andy obviously is the brain trust for the offense and calls the plays, but perhaps missing EB’s intensity to balance Andy’s cerebral nature is missing more than we thought.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:54 AM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So which is it guys? So Reid controlled all playcalling for EB, but EB took it over against cincy when we struggled, but EB is the reason we were successful even though Reid took back playcalling last year. And now we miss EB and Nagy is taking over playcalling while Reid sits helplessly on the sidelines.

The offense has always run through Reid. Through ups and downs.
Doesn't matter.

Bottom line is
EB/Reid>Nagy/Reid
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:54 AM 11-05-2023
EB doing stuff with some good WR's, a shit OL, and a fifth round QB who melts under pressure.

EB can come back anytime he likes if Nagy is promoted to team cheerleader.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 12:00 PM 11-05-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I said the same thing on that last play. Trying to figure out if it is Andy or Nagy. The primary was Kelce on that play and he was double teamed and held by both. Run the damn ball!!!
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up