« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Williams Thread*****
Dante84 11:31 AM 04-30-2022
More to come!

[Reply]
JPH83 07:53 AM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You want to pay him next year?
Fenton's an odd one to me. I think he's great and the coaches have done a phenomenal job with him. Not a great athlete but sticky, really good concentration and competitiveness. I'm surprised more people don't rate him here and that fewer people aren't less wild on Sneed. He has a much lower ceiling but he's shown way more consistency to me.

If the NFL rates Fenton as little as a lot on CP I'd pay him, because it sounds like we'd get him at a decent price.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:22 PM 06-05-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Imagine if McDuffie and Williams are both studs.

It's more than a month later, but I still can't believe the Chiefs got @trent_mcduffie at No. 21 overall.

🔒 He allowed 16 (!!) total grabs for 111 yards in 2021 (11 games)

🔒 Only 2 passes of 20+ yards allowed in three years

🔒 ZERO TDs allowed since 2020#Staturday pic.twitter.com/3Wntg1e94W

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) June 4, 2022

Chances are pretty good
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:22 PM 10-10-2022
That was a great jam he put on Adams on that last play. Adams is one of the hardest guys in the league to do that to. Might’ve saved the game for us.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:25 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
That was a great jam he put on Adams on that last play. Adams is one of the hardest guys in the league to do that to. Might’ve saved the game for us.
Definite stud move.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:27 PM 10-10-2022
Spags brought the house and left him out there with Adams. Risky but it worked out.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:43 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Spags brought the house and left him out there with Adams. Risky but it worked out.
Before the snap, I turned to my buddy and said I bet they go to Adams again.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:46 PM 10-10-2022
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
He blew it up. Disrupted the timing and caused Adams and Renfrow to collide. If McDuffie lives up to that 1st round pick we’re gonna have 3 good CBs on rookie deals for the next 4 years.
[Reply]
jettio 10:05 AM 10-11-2022
He blew it up. Disrupted the timing and caused Adams and Renfrow to collide. If McDuffie lives up to that 1st round pick we’re gonna have 3 good CBs on rookie deals for the next 4 years.
Coaches said during training camp that Joshua Williams was very good at his technique on press coverage.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 10-11-2022
Exactly.

Press coverage isn't designed to keep guys blanketed for 5 seconds or stuff them at the LOS. It's designed to do nothing more than fuck up the timing and ruin route combinations.

The defense worked EXACTLY as it was drawn up. Nobody's going to stay in Adams pocket on a 'gotta have it' play - he's just too damn good. But if you can throw the timing of the play off, you've won the rep.

In the key play of the game, with their big money WR against our mid-round pick, our guy won the rep.

There's simply no way to overstate how huge that is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 10-11-2022
Made one play and I'm sure Pest is still hard.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:26 AM 10-11-2022
I think it's worth noting that they felt comfortable throwing him out there to cover Adams at that point in the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think it's worth noting that they felt comfortable throwing him out there to cover Adams at that point in the game.
I think we've seen, to Spags credit and detriment, that he's going to expect anyone he puts on that field to run the defense.

He's done it with Watson/Williams this year. He did it with Niemann and Sorensen last year.

I'm not sure it's that they felt 'comfortable' with Williams 1v1 vs. Adams - he was simply the next guy up and Spags called the defense he'd have called regardless of the personnel on the field. Because that's what he does, even when there's very little justification for it.

This time it worked out because our guy executed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 10-11-2022
If McDuffie is the player we think he is, this DB class is just... :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:32 AM 10-11-2022
Who do you think the alternative was at that moment?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:37 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Exactly.

Press coverage isn't designed to keep guys blanketed for 5 seconds or stuff them at the LOS. It's designed to do nothing more than fuck up the timing and ruin route combinations.

The defense worked EXACTLY as it was drawn up. Nobody's going to stay in Adams pocket on a 'gotta have it' play - he's just too damn good. But if you can throw the timing of the play off, you've won the rep.

In the key play of the game, with their big money WR against our mid-round pick, our guy won the rep.

There's simply no way to overstate how huge that is.
Exactly this. Perfect analysis.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up