Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Yankees
Coach 08:35 PM 10-02-2024
ALDS

Royals-Yankees ALDS times:

Game 1: Saturday at 5:38 p.m. CT
Game 2: Monday at 6:38 p.m. CT
Game 3: Wednesday at 6:08 p.m. CT (or 7:08 if LAD-SD is a sweep)
Game 4: Thursday at 7:08 p.m. CT
Game 5: next Saturday at 7:08 p.m. CT

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) October 4, 2024

[Reply]
PHOG 09:05 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by :
Thanks for posting that, god billy Martin is such a douche though.
Was such a douche, was.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 09:52 AM Today

George Brett to @vgregorian today:

“I will remind them at the workout today and tomorrow that … this is not just a playoff game. This is the frickin’ New York Yankees. And we have a history with these guys. And we’re going to kick their ass.”https://t.co/AWTNXDHB87

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) October 5, 2024

George Brett, Frank White talk KC Royals NY Yankees series | Kansas City Star

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Womble 10:28 AM Today
I'd love to see George Brett kick the shit out of some Yankees next to his statue.
[Reply]
YayMike 10:31 AM Today
Please whoop their ass. I can tell you there is NO hatred from Baltimore over the Royals. You once again won 2 incredible games. Congrats. No go beat the MFY!
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:59 AM Today
For us older folks, that remember the A's before the Royals...

The Kansas City A's were basically a farm club for the Yankees. Management would sell our good player and prospects for terrible players. Some of the dislike comes from those days. Once the Royals were founded and ownership made it a top priority to acquire and keep talent, everything changed. The bullies of the playground, the Yankees, suddenly had a little kid that wouldn't take it. They punched back and wouldn't lie down like the A's did.

Add the fact that the Yankees, and other large market teams, are allowed to spend double what other teams do and acquire most of the talent, it's no wonder that they are despised and disliked.

So, there's a special place for the Yankees in the hearts of KC baseball fans. Burn in hell, you mofos.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up